Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
c230k sedan
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant stand the hatchback, it reminds me of the 318ti bmw. I wish they(MB) would of never offered that car it makes people compare it to my car 230 sedan witch is way more car than the coupe. Plus you can buy a coupe used for like under 20k witch makes it pretty muce a kia.

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
5,368 Posts
I would get the new KIA Amanti but it cost soo much more than what I paid for the C230 SS. Anyhow, I think the Coupe looks great and enjoyed mine for 3 years. Having a hatchback is extremely practical and the rear seat comfort was great. I have the C230 SS now but only because we got a killer deal on it and my wife wanted the 5 passenger seating the coupe didn't have. The 318TI did have an ugly rear end but that's different as that was a chopped 318i where the C-coupe is it's own design. But ironically, the 318Ti has better resale value percentage than the 318i so not everyone thinks it's poo.

·
Registered
2004.5 C230 SS
55 Posts
heh, i really like the way the 318ti looked, in fact, it's one of the few bmw cars that i happen to like [;)] ; the C230 coupe on the other hand, i hated it when i first saw it and couldn't believe that mercedes would make such a thing, but over the past year or so i've learned not to mind it that much and am even learning to like it...go figure

·
Registered
71 Posts
What a negative post. No one really cares what you think of the coupe. If you dont like it, then keep it 2 ur self. There are many people who happen to like it and dont like BIG cars. I like it because its different, its a 2 door, and not too many people have it. Now the sedan is everywhere, kinda gets boring after a while, dont get me wrong, I like the sedan as well, but dont put peoples car down just because you dont like it. Also the pricing and performance between the coupe and sedan is not that different. Now wait till the B-class comes out, what do people like you think of that idea?[:D]

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
Im sure that if you got one for free with all the options you would be too busy making the gear shift shiny to give a toot.

·
Registered
42 Posts
go back and read another post on the coupe's and peoples opinions... leave it alone. me and brabus and others i know, the coupes are REAL hot. keep your mouth shut. i dont like your car, how about that? i dont even know what it is, or care to.

·
Registered
357 Posts
kcbenz - 2/28/2005 8:43 PM

I cant stand the hatchback, it reminds me of the 318ti bmw. I wish they(MB) would of never offered that car it makes people compare it to my car 230 sedan witch is way more car than the coupe. Plus you can buy a coupe used for like under 20k witch makes it pretty muce a kia.
Perhaps you meant to post this on a BMW board. [:D] Anyway, you're getting your wish, in part. The coupe will no longer be sold in the US after 2005. BTW, the C230 sedan isn't "way more car" than the coupe. Basically, you have a trunk instead of the hatch. Also, if you have a newer sedan as opposed to an older coupe, you have "way less car" due to MB de-contenting in order to keep the price down.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Nothing is ever good enough or nice enough for anyone, Its always IE. Euro is better than US, sedan is better than coupe. Cant people just be NICE. The world has enough Negative Nancys in it. Make a friend not an enemy. People have different tastes. If we all had the same car ect., the world would be boring, huh? Thats my decimal zero two [:D]

·
Registered
C230 SC KOMPRESSOR
33 Posts
[:0]

·
Registered
05 c230 sport sedan
106 Posts
Ok back to the original topic, I don't hate it, its the same car. I don't like the way it looks, but sometimes i wish i had one so i can drift[:D][:D]

·
Registered
'05 C230 SS
21 Posts
When I first walked into the MB showroom and saw the C230 coupe, I immediately love the front. It got the AMG body kit, aggressive grill with a huge logo, and projector headlamps. However, as I walked around the car, I was lost for words when I saw the rear. Immediately, I thought to myself....what kind of a rear is that? Looks like MB got lazy and just chop it off. I was immediately turned off by the rear and didnt' even bother to check the rest of the car. But the C230K sedan is a whole different story. Didn't mean to offend anyone, but that's my opinion of the coupe.

·
Registered
2006 SLK-55 AMG
737 Posts
FWIW, the Coupes, both the 230 and 320 have disappeared from the mbusa site. No C series coupes at all. They are still on the German web site, including the new diesel version and the 350 6-cylinder gas engine from the SLK. I had read that they were going to discontinue the coupes in the USA, but this is the first concrete evidence I have seen. I think they should bring in the 350 version; its a nice car if you like the way it looks from the rear view, which is the way lot of people would see it with the 3.5 engine.[:D]

·
Registered
233 Posts
Lot of chatter about what the coupe is not... so I thought I would post a pic of what it is and share some facts:
First, if you have never driven a coupe especially with a 3.2 then you are missing out on a snotty little hot rod that handles like its on rails.
We bought ours because it is a hoot to drive, only about 50 2005 V-6 coupes have been made, plus 05 is the last year for this body style, so this is a very rare car... unlike sedans that are common as Camrys.

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
YellowSLK230 - 3/4/2005 8:38 PM

FWIW, the Coupes, both the 230 and 320 have disappeared from the mbusa site. No C series coupes at all. They are still on the German web site, including the new diesel version and the 350 6-cylinder gas engine from the SLK. I had read that they were going to discontinue the coupes in the USA, but this is the first concrete evidence I have seen. I think they should bring in the 350 version; its a nice car if you like the way it looks from the rear view, which is the way lot of people would see it with the 3.5 engine.[:D]
I have driven a friend's SLK 350. Without question this is one sweet engine. You're correct that they should bring the coupe over with the 350, it would probably transform the car. The only concern would be with the increased front end weight.

·
Registered
05' C230k sedan
92 Posts
it's really just a matter of preference. someone here said it the way i feel about it as well. reminds me of the BMW 318 hatch. just has an incomplete look to it. we all work hard for our money so we should spend it as we wish.

·
Registered
C230SS,
261 Posts
nasdakboy - 3/5/2005 2:39 PM

it's really just a matter of preference. someone here said it the way i feel about it as well. reminds me of the BMW 318 hatch. just has an incomplete look to it. we all work hard for our money so we should spend it as we wish.
I totally agree. It's a matter of personal preference. I've seen some really nice coupes on the internet. Here's one of my favorite coupes:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 65 Posts