Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive names all the cars and bikes I have owned.

My 600 is named "queen" because my girl's name is Quynh Nhu (vietnamese) so I had to name the 600 after her.

My 2004 YZF R1 is named "weezy" for R Weezy or (R1) because she can do 210mph (yes she has done that). She has over 200hp and only weighs 360 lbs (all carbon fiber).

My 500 is named "betty" who knows why but she has an exhaust on her that makes her sound like a corvette so betty fit her well.

My hummer h2 is named "goliath" well we know why..

Who else names their cars? Do tell, do tell :D

·
Registered
638 Posts
Sebastian because it is somewhat of an old world name in the European tradition. A male name because a V12 has balls, not the alternative...hahaha.

I've just added a little slk230 to my stable, I'm thinking "Toy" is an appropriate name for this little feller.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I've just added a little slk230 to my stable, I'm thinking "Toy" is an appropriate name for this little feller.
Its small enough to keep in the trunk of your S Class. Maybe you should call it "the lifeboat." :D

BTW, my two are "The Red Baron" and "Bruno." Both names coined by my kids and they kind of stuck.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Haha Bob. That's good. I like what your kids named your cars.

I have to find a suitable personal license plate too. I'm thinking 'TOY BENZ', or perhaps 'LIL BENZ', or 'WIND UP'. Any ideas?

Its small enough to keep in the trunk of your S Class. Maybe you should call it "the lifeboat." :D

BTW, my two are "The Red Baron" and "Bruno." Both names coined by my kids and they kind of stuck.

·
Registered
612 Posts
" Black Magic " for the black n grey S500
" Knight Rider " for the Metalic Bluebreyy 500SEL

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
There is no doubt a whole psychology devoted to why human beings give names to inanimate, unfeeling objects, especially cars. I haven't thought much about this until now, but my thought is that a Mercedes, especially the older ones, deserve a masculine name or noun. I suppose though that it depends on if the driver engages the car or if the car engages the driver. I haven't named mine, but I refer to it respectfully as "my Benz." Interesting to think about this subject.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts