Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
C240 2003
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting amg c55 rear bumper and c55 stock muffler for c240.

Does any converted to amg style?...

If you do, would you please PM for price that you spent on.

Since I do not know used rear c55 rear bumper and stock quad exhaust, I cannot tune those.

I checked several trade threads, but there was no price..

Thanks~!

·
Registered
02 C32, 08 C350, 00 CLK320 (sis'), 01 ML430 (gone)
1,698 Posts
1. it will cost around $4000 for parts and labor
2. parts are not just simple bumper cover and the exhaust. you will also need the C55 spare wheel tub (cut out the original and put in the c55 wheel tub) and heat shield for the passenger side.
3. putting dual exhaust designed for 5.4L V8 on a 2.6L V6 will result in lost of power.
4. you can go to a muffler shop and get a quad tip single muffler done for around $400.

·
Registered
C240 2003
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm...

1. it will cost around $4000 for parts and labor
2. parts are not just simple bumper cover and the exhaust. you will also need the C55 spare wheel tub (cut out the original and put in the c55 wheel tub) and heat shield for the passenger side.
3. putting dual exhaust designed for 5.4L V8 on a 2.6L V6 will result in lost of power.
4. you can go to a muffler shop and get a quad tip single muffler done for around $400.
Wow..$4,000

Thanks for the reply.

I would go a single exhaust with a quad tip.

But what about replacing rear bumper to c55 amg rear bumper with quad tip?

due to the exhaust holes.

·
Registered
C320
151 Posts
single exhaust
.... good performance try to make single AMG bumper

you can ask also any carlesson dealer for dual exhaust ..... they make good rear

·
Registered
2004 Mercedes Benz C230 Compressor, soon to purchase 2001 Mercedes Benz E55
11 Posts
I have a 2004 C230 and changed my oem muffler to AMG muffler.
I also replaced my resonator to a glass pack. Now with the increased HP it sounds much better as well. Go to this thread " Muffler/Exhaust Tip options without having to change rear bumper? " See the picture I posted.
Peter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts