Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 E320 Coupe, 11 E350 4Matic P2
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the 95 E320 where the hell is the Ignition ground wire???

anybody???

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
Ground wire?? Are you talking about the ground strap for the motor? I don't remember there being any gound wire on an M104 etc...

What are you trying to do?

Jonathan

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok,I bought one of those LED Scanners and I do not want it to blink when I am driving the car or when the car is on, I onlhy want it to blink when the car is OFF does anybody knwo how to do this???

·
Registered
500E, E320, 190E, E55
1,006 Posts
Ground is a copper strand cable covered in black insulation and attached at one end to the bellhousing.
I think..

·
Registered
1993 e320 coupe
85 Posts
Hi Villi
Believe it or not i had the same trouble fitting my led scanner but i had trouble finding a live.
Its different in a Ford you can take things apart and pick up live anywhere.It must be just me but i am scared to do the same on my merc.
I did it in the end but i am too emmbarressed to say how.Where did you get yours?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got my Scanner on ebay
it is working 24/7
I need it not to work when the car turn's on

and this is an auto forum so shoot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If it works like the old alarm LED,s I used to install, you don't use "ground" at all.

This is from a dim memory but try this....
Find a constant hot wire, maybe cigar lighter, lamp circuit, etc. - This is your LED power source or "+" wire.
Next find a wire that is only hot when the key in on, maybe glovebox light, mirror control, etc. - This is your LED Ground or "-" wire.

Before you solder, crimp, tape or do anything permanent, check the LED operation with Key off and on and then Key off and on with lights off and on.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks man I will let you knwo if that works, another guy told me to do the same thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts