Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi there,
So I own a 2015 Mercedes CLA 2015, i was driving today and notice something was dragging on the floor.

i pull over and see this hanging, it was coming out from a small hole underneath the car on the right side close to the right front wheel.

Any idea what this is? It doesn’t look like it connected to something, at first I thought it was connected to something until I was able to pull it out easily.

thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks like a landscaping spike.

did it appear to have created the hole? are there small holes through it and it's made of heavy steel / iron? if so, i've seen these at home depot.

ah, here they are; Bon 14-654-B4 Round Steel Form Stake | Tool Discounter
Thank you, there are small holes through it and is it steel. Now that I am thinking of it, it probably created the hole it was hanging from.Not sure how that happened

·
Registered
1998 e430
436 Posts
lucky that didn't come through the floor, oil pan or any number of places that could cause major damage! i ride motorcycle and this kind of road debris makes me shudder...

·
Registered
1999 E320, 2000 E320, 2003 E320 Wagon, 2005 C230K SS, 2010 Accord LX w Eibach & Koni FSD's
3,142 Posts
Yeah .............spike for making concrete forms.

A long time ago, I read in the newspaper (remember those?) that a lady was killed when she ran over a piece of rebar. It went thru the floor pan and up the seat............

1 - 7 of 7 Posts