Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
560SL '88 Suzuki GS1000E '78
533 Posts
Hi Champs,

as every time when this topic is on air here a picture of my solution. At least very suitable for the newer models.
Kienzle 130$

Cheers Martin

Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
560SL '88 Suzuki GS1000E '78
533 Posts
I'm really curious as to why people are spending the $100's of bucks on new, aftermarket HU's, when everything that they do is also accomplished by the BT mod on the OEM Becker for $150 bucks? What's the draw? Not judging, just morbid curiousity.

Sent from my BBF100-6 using Tapatalk
Here in Europe an US-Radio is useless, because FM many stations are assigned to frequencies with an even decimal. And instead of installing a lot of additional equipment to get a BT-connection to my smartphone this upgrade was the fastest, cheapest and smartest solution.

My life goes on even if my car is not 100% in original shape, I’m engineer, so for me the functionality is an important factor. The prices for original Beckers here are crazy (Becker Mexico 7948 2000€-4000€) and the most of the old Becker stuff is all crap but expensive anyway.

If I want/need great loud sound including fat basses, I put my JBL Boombox (the big one) on the rear seat. Perfect - no installation of speakers, wires and amplifiers, 100% original
:)

Cheers Martin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts