Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1987 300SL
1,796 Posts
To the casual observer the Continental head unit doesn't stand out. There was a Clarion unit in there when I bought the car, that did look crap and got replaced pretty quickly with this. And as a bonus, the unit has the same colour (orange/yellow) lighting as the rest of the dash

Car Gear shift Motor vehicle Steering wheel Steering part

·
Registered
1987 300SL
1,796 Posts
in my opinion it doesn't need to stand up, but only the perfect combination (style/lighting) that goes well with an older car, but having some new features available on newer models.
Only what I think of it...
I probably didn't explain myself properly Roberto. I love the Continental head unit. Looks good, sounds good, modern features, lighting matches the car dash lights. Ticks all the boxes for me

·
Registered
1987 300SL
1,796 Posts
I'm really curious as to why people are spending the $100's of bucks on new, aftermarket HU's, when everything that they do is also accomplished by the BT mod on the OEM Becker for $150 bucks? What's the draw? Not judging, just morbid curiousity.

Sent from my BBF100-6 using Tapatalk
I've never had a Becker, so aftermarket it was. I have noticed some here mention the sound is not great running Bluetooth through a Becker unit, compared to a modern good quality aftermarket head unit. But that's hearsay so take it with a grain of salt

·
Registered
1987 300SL
1,796 Posts
What does the aftermarket HU get you
For me, better looks. I just like the simple stylish looks of the Continental, or the Kienzle
And thanks for the other side of the coin, how well music streaming sounds through a well set up Becker

1 - 6 of 6 Posts