Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
Audi A4
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks a ton in advance.

Is Dodge Sprinter same as Mercedes-Benz V Class?

I like vans.

If you know anything about Dodge Sprinter, please share this thread with me.

So far, I found out it requires oil changes only every 10,000 miles.[:)]

·
Registered
2008 Outback 2.5 XT, 2012 CNG Civic
1,768 Posts
The Dodge Sprinter is the same as the European MB Sprinter mid size van. The V-class / Vito is one size smaller than the Sprinter.
Previous model V-class / Vito van used to be a bestseller in Europe (do not know about the news ones, I moved to the US in 2003) and the first front wheel drive Mercedes around (before the A class was launched in 1997). What else... the V-class was built in Vitoria, Spain (that's why the van was called Vito). Had the same initial quality issues as the M-class and A-class (interior and drivetrain).

I used to drive a Sprinter every now and then when I worked as a shipchandler some 8-10 years ago.
Fast great van! The only one I knew that would do over 100 MPH in a safe manner.
All Dodge Sprinters have the most powerful engine in the range (160 HP in line five turbo diesel), in Europe it's sold in (I believe) 100 and 125 HP spec as well.

Check out the site: www.dodge.com/sprinter.

·
Registered
2005 E320 cdi
180 Posts
Why pay more at an MB dealership for service? You can get them serviced by Freightliner-Their selling aor were Sprinters under their brand nameas well!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes the Sprinter is identical to the MB. I bought one for my business about a month ago and so far it is great. Considering it is a diesel it is very fast and economical. With our Ford vans we have to fill them up a couple of times a week but with the Sprinter not even once a week now. I hav e also removed all the Dodge symbals and have purchased the front star grill as well. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
98 SL500 SPORT SLVR
280 Posts
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! DO THEY THINK THAT VAN CAN REALLY GO OFF ROAD??? LOOK HOW TOP HEAVY AND HOW NARROW THE TRACK IS! WE HAVE THEM AT MY JOB AND I DONT SEE HOW YOU CAN TURN A CORNER AT ANY SPEED IN THAT THING. ALTHOUGH THEY DID USE IT IN A CAR CHASE SCENE IN "BAD BOYS II". BUT EVEN THEN IT WAS ON 2 WHEELS AT EVERY TURN!!
OH WELL....JUST MY 2CENTS......

·
Registered
1993 300SD - Black Pearl
162 Posts
atleast some nice new rear lights

·
Registered
2008 R320 CDI, 2006 SLK350
118 Posts
I have bought a number of the Sprinter vans for my organization over the past two years. I have purchased both the passenger and cargo versions. So far, they have been great. There is no comparison in how they handle compared to previous U.S. style full size vans. They are much more stable and turn in a very tight radius for their length. Other than the Dodge label on the back, the Dodge style grill on the front, everything else is marked with the Mercedes logo. All they do is put the different badging on for the U.S. market. (FYI- The first year, the Sprinter was brought in under the Freightliner name, then they have offered through select Dodge dealers. It will no longer be brought in under the Freighliner name in another year. It will only be offered through Dodge dealers in the U.S.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts