Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across a topic posted on a Canadian forum that I frequent. Mercedes Benz dealership in Vancouver gets caught trying to RIPOFF customer. Do you trust 100% of what your service adviser says? For all you DIYers and "mechanic" here should be able to catch if they are bluffing or not. For others with little or no knowledge, it may be a problem. I got the mud flap installed at that same dealership. Luckily, I haven't notice any problem so far.

YouTube - Mercedes-Benz Dealership Tries to Rip sombody off for $6500.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Yes I trust them, I have had my smart serviced there for years and they DID fix the leak in my B 200s sunroof on the first try.

Three Point Motors Victoria BC

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have used Mercedes Benz North Vancouver for over 10 years and have always received excellent service.
I watched the video and I think it was a set up. Why would the owner not find a rock in the sunroof all by himself - a simple visual inspection should have found the fault. How could a MB mechanic not find a rock in a sun roof? If the rock was so difficult to find, how did a corner garage find it?
Looks like a smear job on U Tube.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
There are unscrupulous people in all walks of life. I have been quoted prices for car repairs in the past and have gone in and received a bill for less because they found something or someway to fix the defect faster.
As in all things get a second opinion before doing pricey work. I was once quoted $800 by Sears Canada for a brake repair on a Toyota with 11,000 miles. Went to dealer and was told nothing was wrong and pads had 40% left, had pads replaced for less than $75 and car ran for years.

My dealing with the dealer are good and as the dealer in the video operated by Mercedes Canada. The fellow in the video does not seem angry enough for someone who just about got "ripped off", his body language also does not appear aggressive.
I vote for a smear job as well

Bill

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
I'm satisfied with my dealer.
The appointments were on time and problems(defects & recalls) were handled immediately.
They're there to make money and unfortunately you have to be extra vigilant and ask questions.
I don't like how they did my service B, but I knew that going in.
If I have a problem, I know they will solve it.

·
Registered
506 Posts
My dealership has been great to work with. If any of you ever decide to drive your B to southern Cal and have any problems or just want to see a very impressive service center just take it to Penske in West Covina. And as far as I know they are the only ones in the States who have experience with the B.

·
Registered
739 Posts
My dealership has been great to work with. If any of you ever decide to drive your B to southern Cal and have any problems or just want to see a very impressive service center just take it to Penske in West Covina. And as far as I know they are the only ones in the States who have experience with the B.
Thanks CA-B200, I'm thinking about doing a road trip in the B down to LA. It's great to know there's somewheres I could take it, if I had to.

Anthony

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
Thanks CA-B200, I'm thinking about doing a road trip in the B down to LA. It's great to know there's somewheres I could take it, if I had to.

Anthony
Anthony,
Don't forget a scoot along Mulhulland Drive and on to Topanga Canyon and then to Zuma Beach for fun in the sun.
What an awesome city to play in!!:thumbsup::D
If you want to add some cool mods to the B then on to Supulveda Blvd. Your in car country.:D

·
Registered
739 Posts
Thanks Derek.

Anthony

·
Registered
506 Posts

Anthony
If you do take your road trip PM me...maybe we can have the smallest B class gathering ever...and I can give you some advice on where NOT to go.

·
Registered
739 Posts
If you do take your road trip PM me...maybe we can have the smallest B class gathering ever...and I can give you some advice on where NOT to go.
Sure thing. When you say, "where NOT to go", do you mean the bad areas of town or crappy restaurants and stuff? I would really like to go to Villa or Hyde, if I could get in. Go see some celebs whoop it up or get on TMZ.com at least.

Anthony

PS Is it true the police are hard on people who tint the front windows?(sans windshield of course)

·
Registered
506 Posts
Little bit of both. I was born in LA but fortunately not living there now. However I still have relatives and friends living there and some are really into the celebrity thing.

On the highways the California Highway Patrol and in some cities the police will hassle drivers with tinted windows which are ‘fix-it’ tickets but that’s if you are driving a car with California plates. There are a lot of people driving around here with full tint and I know of only one person who was pulled over just for tint it’s usually for something else first. However if they see a nice car in a crappy area they may pull you over figuring you are looking for drugs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts