Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 CLK430
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 99 430 with the stock 17" AMG rims. Do you think it would look funny if I put 12mm H&R spacers on the back only? I don't want the tire sticking out just flush with the rear fender.

Should I do something similiar in the front also, maybe 5mm? Or should I just wait till I upgrade my rims to 18's and lower the car a little?

Thanks

·
Registered
CLK430
665 Posts
I have H&R 5mm spacers and bolts sitting around that I tried on my 430 with 17's...send me...

I have H&R 5mm spacers and bolts sitting around that I tried on my 430 with 17's...send me an e-mail if you want to try these. I'll sell them to you for $50 each pair of spacers w/ bolts.

·
Registered
2001 CLK430
12 Posts
Take a look over at the thread "spacers" on CLK forum at MBWorld. This was just discussed ...

Take a look over at the thread "spacers" on CLK forum at MBWorld. This was just discussed and I've done it. 12mm look great on the back. The top of the tire is actually not quite flush with the top of the fender, but the bottom sticks out a tiny bit. It looks quite aggressive IMHO. I'm now actually thinking of putting the 12's on the front and going with 15mm on the rear.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 CLK430
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ivan - thanks for the other link, I think I'm going to give them a try.AA430 - How did...

Ivan - thanks for the other link, I think I'm going to give them a try.

AA430 - How did the 5's look in the front and what do you have on your car now?

·
Registered
CLK430
665 Posts
The 5mms all around looked good. No problems with rubbing, etc.

I'm not using any spac...

The 5mms all around looked good. No problems with rubbing, etc.

I'm not using any spacers now. I just wanted to see how they would look.

·
Registered
3 Posts
upgrade to the 18s. you will be much happier.

b...

upgrade to the 18s. you will be much happier.

b

·
Registered
clk 320
8 Posts
Hi Ivan. I just installed eibach pro kit on my clk 320 but the gap in the front is about...

Hi Ivan. I just installed eibach pro kit on my clk 320 but the gap in the front is about three fingers and the gap in back is only two. so it looks uneven. do you recommend me getting new pads for the front to even it out? and if so do you know how much more lowering it will do to change out the pads? by the way did you install springs too or just the pads to lower the car?
Dave

·
Registered
clk 320
8 Posts
how much lowering does the 5mm spacers make. does that mean it lowers 5mm from what you ...

how much lowering does the 5mm spacers make. does that mean it lowers 5mm from what you have now? and can i inatall them even if i have lowering springs already?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts