Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 C320 Sport Coupe - 2002 CLK320 Cabriolet - 2012 E350 Cabriolet
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So on sunday I'm coming home from work, and somebody going 90 KM/h rear ends me on a 70 KM/h road. Though I was slowing down close to a stop light, so I was going about 30-40.

I get hit, was sent over the median, and the following for sure are damaged:
Bumper
Bumper cover
Driver's side rear quarter panel (Can be restored for probably $400)
Hatch (Can be restored for $400-500)
Passenger's side rear quarter panel (Dented, $200-300 restoration)
Passenger's side rear tail light
Front-left tire is cut
Alignment might be 5mm off.

None of the columns are damaged, I know that for sure.

I bought this car for 6800 and put 2200 worth of repairs and replacements into it. I also got it just over a month ago.

Total worth : $9000

Do you think it won't be written off? My friend told me it should be in the neighbourhood of 4500-5500 in damages. I really don't want to lose my baby.
And I also can't find prices for the average Mercedes bumper, bumper cover, or tail light. Anyone wanna give me some hope perhaps?

·
Registered
2002 C230 Sport Coup and 2006 ML350
1,127 Posts
Ohhhhhhh noooooo!
I fear this everytime I'm out in traffic. People in San Joser drive like idiots, and many are illegals with no insurance.

It's looking very expensive. Your estimate are low for certain.
I have a damaged hatch, the insurance gave me 2300 US.
I haven't repaired it yer, thinking I'd get a used one. The old one is functional, but has a hole in the clear plastic.
I replaced my own bumper cover once, on the cheap it was $600 with paint and the paint isn't a perfect match.

Ohhhhh. I feel for you. I love these little coupeys especially the blue ones.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
I would get the thing into a good body shop. If that pushed you over the curb/median strip, you need to have the underside CAREFULLY inspected for damage.

That will at least give you a detailed list of what needs to be fixed. Even if you were to try to salvage the car through your own repairs, at least then you know.

Good luck.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if your control arms are also messed up.

I really hate to say this,... but we've seen Mercedes with less damage than yours get written off. One question is, if it gets written off, do you have the option to buy it back and for how much?

BTW, if you're thinking about DIY,... I recently heard that there's a blue CL203 (non-Evolution) being parted out at 4445 or 4544 Dufferin (just south of Finch) in Toronto. Probably in the back of that place with all the refurb Ambulances,... Anyways, if so that should cover you for at least the bumper cover, tail and hatch.

You always have to be careful driving around Mavis & Brittania Rd in Mississauga,.... too many distracted shoppers driving around Heartland shopping area and the highway.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sunnyray, I have no idea how you knew I was on Mavis and Brittania, but damn.

Well I know that the hatch and the panels can be restored, but the bumper and the bumper cover is definitely gone.

And I would like to look at that gutted CL203, but I'm not good at DIY body.
BTW, do you know if Lyons is a good body shop? My insurance company has them preferred so they can guarantee the work, but I don't want to have to keep going back to them to fix stuff.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Considering how much it would cost to fix the dents and paint the hatch, it might be cheaper for find a salvaged blue hatch and reattach that,.... but keep in mind sometimes hatch are a bit fussy about getting aligned properly,... there's a couple of sensors in the hatch.

I recall seeing that blue CL203 for parts on kijiji a few days ago but I can't find it now,... I do recall that it was blue since blue is a relatively rare colour on the coupe,.... and I remember it wasn't Evolution edition because I notice door handle wasn't blue,.... I do recall the address was 4445 or 4544 Dufferin,... 4544 Dufferin makes more sense since in the back of that plaza there's a few autobody garages and a little salvage area.

Sorry, but I can't really comment about Lyons since I've never dealt with them personally or heard anything about them.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, well thanks for your help.

Speaking of which, the body shop said that everything is repairable, they're just waiting on what insurance wants to do.

But just incase my baby doesn't make it, I found an better replacement.
Same colour, same interior, same model, 1 year newer and 40k less KM.2003 Mercedes-Benz C230 Prem Leather/Roof for sale in Etobicoke, Ontario Used Cars

Has anyone ever had problems with the engine on the 2003?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts