Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I grabbed 2018.03 XEntry passthrough with my openport 2.0 device and installed on a Windows 11 Virtual Box and I was able to reset the battery counter on my W205 successfully

I did notice that for doing any sort of adaptations i.e. install a new rain/light sensor then it doesn't seem to work and wants to connect with either the helpdesk or MB itself, see below screenshot.

Do you need a MB account to have XEntry perform any sort of actuations or teach-in etc?

Thank you.

Attachments

·
Outstanding Contributor , SDS Guru
1998 MB E300TD, 1997 MB E36 AMG, 2001 MB E55 AMG. 2011 BMW 335d
7,006 Posts
No, what you're trying to do involves programming and updating SCN coding. That requires an account.

The prerequisites are listed before you click next.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, what you're trying to do involves programming and updating SCN coding. That requires an account.

The prerequisites are listed before you click next.
Thank you for taking the time to reply and for your answer.

so what do I do if I need to teach-in a module and don't have an account? are my only options to either buy a one time access key as I've seen advertised or take it to someone whom already has this ability. I have also heard of people who can do this remotely I think via teamviewer etc.?

In any case does this mean that other people whom are using XEntry through either a passthrough or C3/C4 multiplexer are also in the same situation?

I find the version I have very very useful for diagnosing, much better than the icarsoft or foxwell that I have tried. and using XEntry pass-through I was even been able to reset my battery counter on my W205 which neither the iCarsoft MB2 or Foxwell N510 was able to support.

I appreciate everyone's patience with me in this forum, I'm trying to research before asking questions as best I can.

so in the case where people setup a full blown version of Xentry with C4 ect, i.e something like BenzNinja and others I think has advertised to be able to do. then does that mean that these full-blown installs also require an account to do Teach-in's and SCN coding etc?

thanks in advance.

·
Outstanding Contributor , SDS Guru
1998 MB E300TD, 1997 MB E36 AMG, 2001 MB E55 AMG. 2011 BMW 335d
7,006 Posts
Right now if you want to teach in a module and it requires online programming/SCN coding, it's pretty much dealer only. Or an indy who has the official kit. By official kit I mean the kit that's bought straight from MB, not chinese. Last I checked the cost is $36k for a genuine SDS kit....it comes with a subscription account too.

Teamviewer won't work, MB put a stop to that. No longer possible now.

Yes, people who have a chinese J2534 or Xentry are in the same situation. Unless they pony up for a J2534 subscription or a SDS, SOL.

so in the case where people setup a full blown version of Xentry with C4 ect, i.e something like BenzNinja and others I think has advertised to be able to do. then does that mean that these full-blown installs also require an account to do Teach-in's and SCN coding etc?
I'm not sure what you mean by this. Full blown Xentry is what you have now....read codes, clear codes, WIS, EPC, Vediamo, plus guided fault finding, etc. Programming an used module to the car is dependent on the module in question and the year of the car. On your W205, it's pretty much impossible, you need a subscription to get anything done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts