Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
Audi A4
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell exact color of your W126?[?]

As I said earlier, I had front-end damage so I was going to sell for parts.
However, lots of people asked too low price (almost try to steal it and insult me as well as W126).[:(!]
In addition, I do not want to give up W126 easy since it is my first Mercedes-Benz
The W126 is truly amazing car (as a matter of fact, I open the door to get some documents out, but that smell from leather and interior drag me so hard).

A good friend of my roommate owns a body shop, and he said I can get fixed under $1,000 with used / reconditioned parts. If I can get fixed, I would like repaint whole body also.

So, it would be great that you guys can tell me exact color.
I mean, for instance, not just “black� or “silver� but something like “brilliant silver metallic�, “obsidian black metallic�, etc.

P.S. Especially, I like color of “560selw126�.[:)]

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
Your color codes are on your body tag.

My cars -

300 SE: Arcticweiss/Arctic White 147

500 SEL: Astralsilber/Star Silver 735

·
Registered
81' 300SD, 82' 300D
4,021 Posts
Take a look at my sig

·
Registered
93 190E 2.6; 82 300 SD Turbo
1,678 Posts
yes yes i do, Champagne - Metallic

·
Registered
1986 SEC 560
164 Posts
Artic White, keep it clean and on a sunny day it blinding!

·
Registered
W126C AMG 6.0
846 Posts
Your car appears to be factory color of Smoke Silver. I don't remember the code # but as mentioned earlier, it can be found on your body tag under the hood on the radiator support.

·
Registered
Two '87 570SECs, one '87 560SEL
4,448 Posts
When I had my SEC painted last summer, instead of Mercedes 744 Bright Silver, I had it done in a PPG paint - Chrysler PS-2, Bright Silver. It looks extremely close to MB Bright Silver but:
1. Was easier for the painter to mix the color since it was a US color.
2. Was a less expensive since we were using a quality US paint rather than the more expensive but not necessarily better European paint.
3. Made it MUCH easier for me to do touchups since I can go down to my local auto shop to get both touch up bottles or spray cans of the exact color.

Paint it any color you want and use a color from the US Big Three. Also, I had the painter put on extra clear since we both knew that this car will be polished considerably more than a normal car. If you end up changing the body color enough that you'll need to paint the door jambs and under the hood, etc., then you can do it yourself.

·
Premium Member
Audi A4
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you know exact interior color of your W126?

I brought this post back to ask interior color.

As some of you already know, my first one is in history and I got the second one last November. It is Arctic White (147).

Anyhow, down in W140 forum people are talking about S600 with red interior.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1251487&posts=23&fid=13

It initiated my curious again. For instance, among the group of red there are just red, wine red, burgundy, bloody red, etc.

So, can anybody tell me exact color of your interior?

Thanks in advance.

·
Slightly creased
2015 ML 400 x 2
16,609 Posts
Hi BD

There is a company in the US that makes dye for car leather.

I can't remember their name but they have been talked about in the detailing forum.

They have a list of all the MB interior leather colors and their codes.

·
Registered
380SEC EURO
1,430 Posts
420 SE - 3/9/2006 7:38 PM

Hi BD

There is a company in the US that makes dye for car leather.

I can't remember their name but they have been talked about in the detailing forum.

They have a list of all the MB interior leather colors and their codes.
Leatherique?

·
Registered
Two '87 570SECs, one '87 560SEL
4,448 Posts
cnd - 3/7/2006 2:04 AM

Leatherique?
I called up Leatherique and told them I had a blue interior. They knew exactly what color it was and sold me everything I'd need to re-dye all the leather in the car.

Here's the story, with list of tools. Not difficult, just a lot of work. One update, there is a dyeing softener that I should have put into the liquid I used on the parcel shelf to dye the cloth back there.

http://www.mbcoupes.com/repairarticles/leatherrepair/leatheriquetreatment.htm

1 - 14 of 14 Posts