Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like all mercedes cars have a problem with the doors ratteling. I cant get my passanger door to stop ratteling. The dealership wants 120 to fix it. Its strange that the worlds best car company cant prevent such a small thing from happening that ends up being so annoying. Do any of you know a way to fix this problem? Thanks from Kristian

· Registered
86 560SEC, 87 560SL, 2002 ML500, 2010 E550 4M, 2017 E400 Wagon
435 Posts
help with the pictures

Below the box where you type in the message is a section to "attach picture". Just click on "Browse" and go to your picture. You can do one picture per post...

· Registered
1995 S420
553 Posts
It seems like all mercedes cars have a problem with the doors ratteling. I cant get my passanger door to stop ratteling. The dealership wants 120 to fix it. Its strange that the worlds best car company cant prevent such a small thing from happening that ends up being so annoying. Do any of you know a way to fix this problem? Thanks from Kristian
no, no, no. MB has the least rattle problems amongst any car manufacturer. And all MBs do NOT have door rattle, yours does. Get you doors tightened, aligned and maybe even replace the seals.

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RE: benz doors dont rattle

Maby it is not the doors that rattle but it sounds like it is one of the doors. My ML also once had a problem with somthing in the seatbelt that rattled. Benzes for sure shouldent be ratteling but it is possible that I am more pickey than the average person and notice small things and make a huge deal about them. -thanks for the info. I will call and see how much new seals will cost.
-thanks -Kristian
[:)]

· Registered
W140 S class, E31 850Ci, XC90 Exec AWD geartronic
444 Posts
Re: Re: Do you have this problem with your W140?

If you sit in other cars you will notice how much better your benz is than those.
The fact is, your benz is so quiet that you notice the smallest of sounds. I recall seeing a motoring tv show where a 5 series BMW was being tested. At the end of the test the driver complained about a click noise everytime he pressed the brake pedal. The fact he could hear this was because the rest of the car was so damned refined!!!

Open the suspect door cards. I think someone may have been in there before and not put it back together properly

[:D]

no, no, no. MB has the least rattle problems amongst any car manufacturer. And all MBs do NOT have door rattle, yours does. Get you doors tightened, aligned and maybe even replace the seals.

· Registered
86 560SEL
1,334 Posts
I agree, the W140 is one of the most quiet vehicles I ever own. You don't hear a lot of r...

I agree, the W140 is one of the most quiet vehicles I ever own. You don't hear a lot of road noise in this car. In fact I could really enjoy the listening to music without cranking up the volume.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.