Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
93 300SE, 07 BMW 328i Coupe, 01 GSX-R1000
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This item is always up for sale on ebay for only $24.99US:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...

This item is always up for sale on ebay for only $24.99US:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33645&item=2436575353

I know it's not totally a fair comparison, because the before picture has a black bumper, where as the after picture has a grey bumper. Also, the before picture has a front license plate frame, where as the second one doesn't. Also, the before picture has normal headlight wipers, where as in the after picture they are screwed up . . . but you guys get the idea . . .

What do you think?

· Registered
See signature
60 Posts
Hehe, did you paint or chrome the grey strips already on the car? I think it does look goo...

Hehe, did you paint or chrome the grey strips already on the car? I think it does look good, but I think it could look better if that vertical strip was gone... Can you do one like that?

· Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Hehe, did you paint or chrome the grey strips already on the car? I think it does look goo

Hehe, did you paint or chrome the grey strips already on the car? I think it does look good, but I think it could look better if that vertical strip was gone... Can you do one like that?
Actually, it is just a kit that you can buy on Ebay. They are chrome strips that self-adhere to the already existing grey strips . . .

I think it looks pretty good . . .

· Registered
BMW E36, MB W140
179 Posts
the other option is to go for the S600 grill insert (70usd on ebay)... it will have few...

the other option is to go for the S600 grill insert (70usd on ebay)... it will have fewer strips, but each strip is thicker and chromed... it also has fewer vertical supporting slats... so it will make the grill look cleaner and updated, since all the new mercedes models are like this now... some of the new models even have only 4 strips on the grill now...

here's a pic of the s600 grill insert i put on my car:

Attachments

· Registered
S320W
602 Posts
Re: the other option is to go for the S600 grill insert (70usd on ebay)... it will have few

the other option is to go for the S600 grill insert (70usd on ebay)... it will have fewer strips, but each strip is thicker and chromed... it also has fewer vertical supporting slats... so it will make the grill look cleaner and updated, since all the new mercedes models are like this now... some of the new models even have only 4 strips on the grill now...

here's a pic of the s600 grill insert i put on my car:
Sweet lookin car!
[8)]

· Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Re: the other option is to go for the S600 grill insert (70usd on ebay)... it will have f

Sweet lookin car![8)]
I agree! I really like the grille, and I LOVE the AMG rims.

Your grille looks awesome, but it costs twice as much as the ebay option. Mind you, your grille has no adhesive, and a more "updated" look.

I guess I'll go and do a cost/benefit analysis to aid in my decision[:p]

· Registered
BMW E36, MB W140
179 Posts
thanks!

bdonkersgoed, i see you're a Canadian too... the grill won't cost you so mu...

thanks!

bdonkersgoed, i see you're a Canadian too... the grill won't cost you so much since you're a canadian... two of the ebay vendors who sell the grill, "autorice" and "bmwmb", are both located in Vancouver... so if you buy from them(like I did), there will be no tax, duties, etc... also shipping will be cheaper for you... I didn't pay any shipping since I met up with "autorice" in vancouver and bought it from him directly (just took 72 cash from my wallet)...

cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.