Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Classic 92 190E 2.6
4,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you ever let your dog ride in your Benz? I am not talking about your wife.

·
Registered
1966 250SE Cab, 1989 500SEL euro
3,570 Posts
No - too much mess to clean up. I have a Suburban for that job.

·
Registered
2006 E320 CDI
19 Posts
The wife's small dogs ride in the car all the time. The big dogs get to ride in the truck. Ed B

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
bgoin said:
No but I let my girlfiend ride in it (both ways).:eek:

·
Registered
2002 E320 sports limitted edition
301 Posts
bgoin said:
Oh this is real cute! :D I am sure all the wives would love to read this post :eek:

On a lighter note, both of my German Shepherds over 100 pounds were allowed to ride in our Benzs (owned a few when I was married) and Baron would still ride it my car after that (he stayed with me). I would just have to clean out the dog hair. Both dogs would take up the back seat. My dogs were always kept very clean and they slept in the house and were really inside a lot of the time so I never had issues with my dogs in the car. I would rather have my dog in the car then some messy dirty rug rat (and I don't mean children!) :p

·
Equal Opportunity Offender
2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC RIP, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
11,305 Posts
Though I protest, my wife often insists that her sister go with us.

·
Registered
2007 E320 Blutec, 2004 Dodge 2500 HD Cummins diesel
74 Posts
Absolutely! My mini-daschund appreciates fine German cars. No mess, no bother.

·
Registered
301 Posts
cmitch said:
Though I protest, my wife often insists that her sister go with us.
:D You guys are killing me! I almost spit out of coffee reading this trying to contain my laughter! Well all I can say is having a nice MB with a gorgeous GS riding in the back seat got a lot of attention :thumbsup:

·
Registered
83 500SEC, 84 300TD, 86 190E 5.0 M113, 87 300D, 01 CLK55, 02 C32, 02 C320T, 03 C320T4, 03 E55
2,600 Posts
my two dogs love riding in the cars, all of them. took both of them with me on a trip to indiana in the R350 last fall, just had to vacuum up afterwards. My girlfriends two little dogs however are not. all they do is pee.

·
Registered
2002 430clk;2005 Yamaha YZF R1;08 Range Rover Sport
1,290 Posts
johnhef said:
my two dogs love riding in the cars, all of them. took both of them with me on a trip to indiana in the R350 last fall, just had to vacuum up afterwards. My girlfriends two little dogs however are not. all they do is pee.
......funny

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
I do not have a dog but he/she would not be allowed in the Benz if I did. I test drove an otherwise nice S500 in which it's former owner let her dog ride in the back seat. The leather was scratched, the thing had chewed some of the plastic panels, and there was dog hair everywhere. Needless to say, I passed on the car.

·
Registered
Classic 92 190E 2.6
4,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bgoin said:
For my new $40,000 plus 1998 SLK230, my three male dogs did get a ride, a couple of times (one at a time). But for the used, less than $5,000 1992 190E 2.6 (which is by far a better car than the SLK was or will ever be), they CANNOT ride!! They are very unhappy with that condition, so the dogs retaliate by peeing on the chrome wheels!!! Until I did this:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
bgoin said:
Quote from one of my dogs:

"Boy I really want to ride that miss Mercedes big time!!!!"
That photo bestows a whole new meaning on "dog meat".

·
Registered
301 Posts
Musikmann said:
I do not have a dog but he/she would not be allowed in the Benz if I did. I test drove an otherwise nice S500 in which it's former owner let her dog ride in the back seat. The leather was scratched, the thing had chewed some of the plastic panels, and there was dog hair everywhere. Needless to say, I passed on the car.
Ah Musikmann man I thought for sure if you owned a dog you would it riding in the finest car! I do think some dogs can ruin a car but my German Shepherds had their nails clipped and were groomed on a weekly basis and they were VERY well behaved in the car! U couldn't even tell a dog that large had been in the car once the dog hair was immediately cleaned after each car ride. No tears or scrathes, no chewing and in fact they were cleaner then small kids in my car :rolleyes: It was nothing but the best for my two GS that were both of a very fine German line! ;)

·
Registered
07 SL55 AMG Designo White 2011 ML63 AMG Designo White
77 Posts
absolutely.......they ride in both our benz's........we consider them our children, a part of the family!

just so you know we have 2 small dogs, a chewawa and a maltese

1 - 20 of 42 Posts