Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1922 Ford T no OBD, no ECU, no SCN
37,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On our new purchase we've got 2 new keys, that the seller bough shortly before the sale.
They operate ignition, but remotes don't work. I tried the "hold the close button and push the other one 5 times" and it doesn't work.
Just called the dealer and they want $75 to activate the remote.
Is that right?

·
Registered
2000 ML430, 2008 GL550, 2008 Ford F250 Superduty
815 Posts
i think there's more to it than what you're describing. take a look at the manual and it'll tell you how to do it. something about being in the ignition in position 2 etc..

if that doesnt work, you might have to get it programmed at the dealership. i got my new key done for free. just talk to the SA and tell him what a rip off it is and he'll say... "you're right, lemme see what i can do".

hopefully your SA will have a sense of humor and hook it up...

·
Registered
2002 ML 320, 2004 Audi Avant A4
212 Posts
tsanjose said:
i think there's more to it than what you're describing. take a look at the manual and it'll tell you how to do it. something about being in the ignition in position 2 etc..

if that doesnt work, you might have to get it programmed at the dealership. i got my new key done for free. just talk to the SA and tell him what a rip off it is and he'll say... "you're right, lemme see what i can do".

hopefully your SA will have a sense of humor and hook it up...
I wish that would work. I had to pay to have mine done and no one was even flinching when I gasped at the price and that it had to be done by them.

·
Registered
1922 Ford T no OBD, no ECU, no SCN
37,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got it programmed today.
$140 for 2 keys. SA insisted, that it takes 1/2 hr per key to program. They washed the car and did free car inspection (I told them I just bought it).
Supposable only pre 2000 models have keys that can be user-programmable.
Than I have one more key, that has good blade, but when turned in the ignition it displays error. The SA said that the key is "dying" and can't be fixed. How the key can die?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts