Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just changed my front brakes and rotors on an 07 C230 Sport. It's the first time I've pulled a wheel off...and of course I thought it would be like other cars I've done :p

And the first thing I do is pull the outside of the caliper off and spill break fluid all over the place! I got it put back on quickly, and I can't imagine any air got pulled back into the line.

Should I worry about bleeding the brakes, or just top of the res?

Otherwise it went perfect. Actually, easiest brake change I've ever done.

Thanks!

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
You're kidding, right? It's not about the air that got pulled into the line, it's about the air you trapped when you put it back on quickly. You replaced all of the spilled fluid with air. It only takes a few air bubbles to severely limit your braking capacity, and that's all that's between you and an accident.

Don't take chances with your life or the lives of others. Bleed the brakes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I figured, since my brake pedal is going to the floor board. Obviously I'm not going to drive it that way, just not sure with this vehicle if there was anything else I need to do or try.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ended up bleeding it just to be safe. It took all of about 3 minutes. I was very surprised at how easy it was to do a brake pad/rotor change on that car. Now I have to replace a fog light thanks to the wonderful, year round road construction we have here in good old Utah :S

1 - 5 of 5 Posts