Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im back and fouth on sites my question is i am about to put 20's on my clk 320 and i have read all the stories about negative camber. do i still need to buy camber kits if lowerd on 20's

and i want koni adjustables but i cant find anyone who sells them can someone point me to where, oh and i found koni's but not the adjustables.

my plan for lowering is eibach spings/koni adjustable/and if needed F/R camber kit

help out

Lou

·
Registered
Slow benz
1,961 Posts
I would think you still need camber arms but Im not too sure. You're in unchartered territories. Maybe Dawoonj or arabianknight can help you out cuz they have 20's too.

·
Registered
254 Posts
i replied to your private message, check your pm, but basically i dont have a camber kit, no problems as of yet, i'll know a couple of months down the road when i check out how the tires are wearing out. Come on dude lets see some new rims and pics :)

p.s. remember man, 20's are purely for show, not for ride quality, my plan from day 1 was to have 20's no matter what anyone tells me, i knew ahead of time it wasnt going to be the smoothest ride ... but the looks you get are crazy, for show my friend, nothing else. Next year once i get sick of it then i'll probably drop to 19's, can only do it for so long.

·
Registered
2000 CLK 320
174 Posts
what's up newbie!?!?!

As far as 20s go, I've had mine for just about a year and only took them off for a few months in the winter. I've never got a camber kit. I have had my tires balanced several times. But I also have tubeless Toyo tires and the people around here do poor quality work. Like Arabian said, the ride quality isn't great but it's better than what you expect. Now, in the city, you'll drive 10 MPH and swirve left to right to avoid potholes. BUT YOU LOOK DAMN GOOD DOING IT!!!!

But honestly, I agree with Arabian. I might go down to 19s. A staggered look would make your car look even better.

·
Registered
254 Posts
DaWoo_nj said:
As far as 20s go, I've had mine for just about a year and only took them off for a few months in the winter. I've never got a camber kit. I have had my tires balanced several times. But I also have tubeless Toyo tires and the people around here do poor quality work. Like Arabian said, the ride quality isn't great but it's better than what you expect. Now, in the city, you'll drive 10 MPH and swirve left to right to avoid potholes. BUT YOU LOOK DAMN GOOD DOING IT!!!!

But honestly, I agree with Arabian. I might go down to 19s. A staggered look would make your car look even better.
yes driving 10mph is no joke when those potholes around all over downtown, but the looks, worth every bump haha. Staggered is what i'll be getting as well, wanted those monoblocks but pretty hard to find a set in 19s, we'll see next year.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dam you guys are good thanks for your imput, i live in cali and pot holes are an issue but not like brooklyn new youk where im from. but the rims i am putting on my car didnt come in 19's so it was 18's or 20's and after seeing a few rides with 18's i said fuuuuuccccckkkkkk no i am sticking with 20's:p
well the black ones are what is on the way but the chrome ones i also thought about and those come in 19's with black face and chrome lip if you wanted. and some pics of a front end that i thought was kinda cool from a fabricators point of veiw
c2_2.jpg

fa_1.jpg

94_1_s.jpg

geigerclkfacelift.jpg

DSC01573.jpg

·
Registered
254 Posts
what color is your car, and are the ones you ordered staggered?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
but did you lower your ride?
DaWoo_nj said:

·
Registered
2000 CLK 320
174 Posts
I didn't lower a thing. There's barely enough room in there now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Arabian Knights said:
what color is your car, and are the ones you ordered staggered?
my car is black i did order them stagerd but the arelli warehouse said i coulnt fit the 9.5 in the rear because the rim is very aggresive so i have 8.5 all the way around

1 - 10 of 10 Posts