Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1986 560 SL; 1985 280 G-Wagen LWB; 2009 B-Class Turbo
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I have decided to proceed with a B200T. The decision now is to either buy an '08 and get a pretty good deal or wait on an '09. So here are my questions to all of you B experts:

1. Will the '09 Canadian B have anything worth waiting for (e.g. any news on engine idle shut-off device)?

2. When will cars be in Canadian dealerships?

Thanks! :confused:

·
Registered
see signature
4,017 Posts
No idle shutoff device will be offered in Europe or Canada on the B 200 or B 200 Turbo.

If you look at the "how many B-Classes in Canada" thread, you will see with my last posting there, that a few 2009s are en route. These are pre-production vehicles in the sense that there are lots of 2008s being built after them! The dealers should be selling the 2009s as soon as the 08s run out (unless you do a factory order), which may be at the end of the summer.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mike

Do you know if there will be a difference in price between the '08 and '09s? In previous years prices go up. Now with the automobile market in turmoil, prices are going down (eg new VWs)

I'm finding it tough to find the car I want (features) and may have to compromise on interior color (perhaps forced to take black) as I'd like light grey or beige, so I tought maybe waiting for an '09 would be a better way to go.

·
Registered
see signature
4,017 Posts
The price has dropped, considering the equipment offered, for three years in a row, so why not four? But with the Euro over 1.60, I am not so sure.

The light coloured interiors look great, but are a bit of a maintenance issue (water spots from rain need "blending" with a damp cloth, for example).

·
Registered
'08 B200 CVT premium, 09 Audi A4 Avant 2.0T
74 Posts
Depends. If you are patient and want the options/colour you want then wait. You also get the updated looks if that appeals. The price difference should not be a make or break.

That said if you cannot wait on a factory order then try to snap one up.

·
Registered
B200 CDI SE
2,248 Posts
I don't know how long you are considering keeping the B ? it depends on how they are going to market the 2009 B if dealerships consider it a Mk2 version a point to consider is subsequent buyers may be far more inclined to buy the latest versionso you could lose out when you go to change to a new car in future.
On the other hand the 2008 is now 3 years old and by know they should have got most of the bugs sorted out. If there are any radical changes on the 2009 model you may end up being the guinea pig until any problems get resolved.
The most important thing is get all the accessories you are likely to need, they come dear if you have to get them fitted later. (and some are virtually impossible to fit aftermarket).

·
Registered
B200 T 2007 Gone, Discovery Sport 2016
1,581 Posts
Jordan

Good points from Keith our senior poster and by all accounts most hands on of everyone in the forum. Hands on the car of course, and not straying around like the number 2 senior poster:D:D

Like the stock market sometimes you have to make the plunge. If you find the car you like snap it up, next year might bring about changes in the currency differences between Europe and North American and prices might skyrocket.
Unless you buy a car every year or two, in 10 years the difference between a 2008 or a 2009 will be of little consequence.

We went to all the dealers to make sure we could get a car with the light interior, the car we selected did not even show up on the dealers computer as being there. So get a coffee and go to the dealers lot on a Sunday morning and walk around in peace. Remember all good things come to those who wait.

Bill

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All

Have decided to go with the '09. Could not find the an '08 with all the options I was looking for as well as a light color interior.

I was told by the dealer price for '09s will be the same if not less. Like the Bluetooth option as will as new color options: brown, lotus blue, mountain grey. MB Germany's site has all of the '09 color options listed.

Will be ordering it today. Will probably go with Mountain Grey with Alpaca interior (though really like beige too!). Delivery slated end of July, start of August. Will post more details this weekend after the dealer visit.

Thanks all for your valuable input. Amazing forum. You guys are great! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
B200 CDI SE
2,248 Posts
Good luck with your purchase.
I am sure Mike will probably be able to 'track' it for you when you get some sales info about it, he's a Wiz with the Vin's etc.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the kind wishes!

Went to the dealer today and ordered it. Interesting, the dealer had paint chips for the Europe colors too. Some really nice greens. Anyway, went ahead with the Grey, though may think about switching to black and beige. Order will be sent to the factory Monday.

Did any of you order your car? If so, did you track it, etc?

Thanks again.

J

·
Registered
see signature
4,017 Posts
Yep, factory ordered in late August, delivered in early November, tracked it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I factory ordered a 2009 B200 Turbo at the end of April 2008 (originally ordered a 2008, but missed the deadline to order the 2008 models by a week) and was told by the salesperson that the 2009 models will be available at mid-August, but that I could not expect delivery before the end of August at the earliest. The reason I factory ordered is that I really wanted a manual transmission and there were no manual turbo's with the options I wanted in the existing stock of 2008 models. I am a bit disappointed when he told me that the Command APS with Navigation is not available for the 2009 B200 Turbo and that black is the only interior colour I could have with the Sport package, as I originally ordered a metallic black exterior and beige interior. I hope there are no other surprises. The only other options I ordered were the bi-xenon headlights and panoramic sunroof. Great information in this thread - I have had some moments of doubt as to whether I made a good decision, especially with adding all of the options, but even with all of the extras, my new Benz will only be about 5K more than what I paid for my present vehicle (don't ask) My present lease ends on June 30th and I will be sans car for the summer months, but it will be worth the wait!

·
Registered
1 Posts
b200 turbo 2k9 version

Yes I order one too, after testing driving the 08 turbo and non-turbo versions. I decided to ordered the B200 Turbo with premium package and media interface. Dealer told me end of July... We will just have to wait and see when in turns up here in North Van....

·
Registered
2008 B200 Turbo, Comet Grey, Premium Pkg, Sports Pkg, CVT
99 Posts
I was going to order a 2k9 manual too but then the dealer discounted the heck out of the 2k8 for me and had one with 9km on it ready in less than a week in the color I wanted with the options I wanted (only I would have prefered manual).

Unless the 2k9 is a mjor overhaul as opposed to a bit of a facelift and a bit of musical chairs with the options, I am happy with the price of the 2008 B200t... and the CVT ain't so bad when I have all three kids in the back and am stuck in traffic...

·
Registered
2013 C63 AMG Sedan, 2013 B250
14 Posts
I was going to order a 2k9 manual too but then the dealer discounted the heck out of the 2k8 for me and had one with 9km on it ready in less than a week in the color I wanted with the options I wanted (only I would have prefered manual).

Unless the 2k9 is a mjor overhaul as opposed to a bit of a facelift and a bit of musical chairs with the options, I am happy with the price of the 2008 B200t... and the CVT ain't so bad when I have all three kids in the back and am stuck in traffic...
What sort of discount were you able to get off of the 2k8 model? Was just at my local MB dealer today and was offered a pretty good deal on a 2k8 demo with only 2k KMs, especially considering the 2.5% lease rate. However, knowing that the 2k9 model will be out soon I'm tempted to wait... anyone know what the lease rates will look like for the 2009 models?

Also, my first post here... hey all!

·
Registered
2013 C63 AMG Sedan, 2013 B250
14 Posts
Thanks. Hopefully someone here has the scoop on the 2009 model for Canada, tried searching the forum but wasn't able to find much concrete info.

·
Registered
see signature
4,017 Posts
Congratulations to jordanb, your car is on the ship headed right now to Halifax, which will arrive in port on July 15th!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts