Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 240d
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if the gasoline counter parts have as many miles on them as a diesel? do they have the same durabilty as a diesel,I have about 325,000 miles on my 82 240 diesel and it runs fine havent heard of to many gas cars any brand any model having alot of miles on them.seems like they always fall apart prematurely.if thats the case WHY IN THE HELL WOULD YOU WANT A GASOLINE CAR THAT DOESENT LAST AS LONG?

·
Registered
Mercedes Diesels
145 Posts
Gas Mercedes can last as long, but require more service, and usually don't get it over t...

Gas Mercedes can last as long, but require more service, and usually don't get it over the long haul.
I have seen a 280 123 gasser with 400K plus miles,
and a euro 450sel with over 500K.

With diesel 123's just change filters, oil, and adjust valves, inexpensive no brainers.
John Gregg

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
Diesels....

Diesel engines are more robust to accommodate the high compression needed for combustion; hence they tend to last longer. A well-maintained Mercedes gas engine can last a long time as well.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Re: Gas Mercedes can last as long, but require more service, and usually don't get it over t

I have seen a 280 123 gasser with 400K plus miles,
and a euro 450sel with over 500K.
Those are two most trouble free gas engines MB ever built, of course.[:)]

Anything will last as long as you want if you're willing to spend considerable money on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.