Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install the volt gauge to my w124. I decided to locate it in the instrument cluster since my car has no outside temperature gauge, so I plan to put it here.

Does anyone know how to wiring the Volt gauge in w124 ?

It would be great if the wiring is the shortest path, and Best if there is being connected behind the instrument cluster - so it is easy to perform and do the maintenance.

Thank you

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Best way to wire the voltage gauge is to splice into the connector of the cigarette lighter. It is a short run and the cigarette lighter is pretty much the end of the line electrically so it will always show conservative (slightly lower than actual) values.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Can't it be connected from behind the instrument cluster ?

This is the wiring diagram of the instrument cluster.

Anyone who has knowledge about the electric please help.

Thank you

·
Cruise Control
52,233 Posts
I wire voltmeters in so that they're tapped into the ignition switch, which is nearly a direct connection to the battery--you don't want the meter to read directly from the battery, unless there's an ignition switched relay in between.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Zeitgeist
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing