Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

101 - 119 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Front shock absorber DIY

Attached is a youtube video on changing the front shock absorber.

·
Registered
241 Posts

·
W163 Crash Test Driver
1,234 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,712 Posts
R&I EGR Tube & Valve

With code P0400, 9 times out of ten it refers to a clogged EGR tube. To check for a clogged tube, proceed as follows:

1. remove the Air Intake hose assemble.

2. remove hose b at vacuum unit.

3. remove T30 Torx bolt at Transducer Y31/1.

4. remove bolt below (cannot be seen in photo) and push Transducer aside. This will give you more swing room for wrenches.

5. counter hold lower nut with thin 22mm stubby wrench, while loosening large 24mm Union Nut (89/3).

6. then remove the 2 Torx bolts at the Intake Manifold.

7. then pull out the EGR tube. This is the most difficult part as the tube has many bends and will need to be twisted in different directions in order to remove it.

8. things will be easier if only the bolts to the Coolant Expansion Tank at the firewall are removed and while holding the Expansion Tank maneuver the tube out of the hole.

9. if the tube is clogged you can either clean it manually or replace it new. If it isn't clogged replace the EGR Valve.

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
ML320 Fuse and Relay Diagram

Here is the Fuse and Relay Diagram from my 2002 ML320. Thought I would post it in the DIY Sticky in case someone needed it for a desktop reference.

Attachments

·
Registered
502 Posts
DIY - Testing the Stop Lamp Switch (S9): ML320 2000

DIY - Testing the Stop Light Switch (S9) (aka Brake Light Switch)

Car Model 163.154 /157 /172 /174 /175

The Stop Light Switch (S9) can be the cause of problems in a number of systems – ABS, ESP, ETS, to name a few.

Before installing a replacement switch, one can do a testing of the switch, to make sure it is faulty.

The Stop Lamp Switch (S9) is in fact an assembly of two switches: one SPDT – single pole double throw - and one SPST NC – single pole single throw normally closed. The SPDT is known as Switch A, or the Release Switch, while SPST NC is known as Switch B, or the Brake Light switch.

Testing:
a. The switch can be tested without a full removal, with a Scanner, if the scanner can collect BAS live data.
Collecting live data of the Switch in the BAS system will show the two switches state changes from Closed to Open, when activating/deactivating the brake pedal during the data collection. See bellow an illustration of the BAS live data collected with Auto Enginuity Scanner (laptop software and USB hardware connector):

b. The switch can be tested with a Digital Volt Ohm Meter (DVOM) after removing it, by testing continuity at the contact tabs, while moving the switch pin from Normal/Relaxed to Pushed In/Compressed. The Open/Closed States of the Switch should follow the illustrations bellow, for correct functioning.

A DVOM test need be complemented by a Live Data Test, because the timing of the switch state change is important. The state change is checked against the pedal travel – an excessive pedal travel (more than 3.5mm) before switch state change may be considered as a defective switch.

mercbentz

Attachments

·
Registered
502 Posts
(Cont)DIY - Testing the Stop Light Switch (S9) (aka Brake Light Switch)

DIY - Testing the Stop Light Switch (S9) (aka Brake Light Switch)

Car Model 163.154 /157 /172 /174 /175
mercbentz
See an illustration of the Stop Light Switch functioning by ways of Live Data bellow:

Brake Pedal Position/Travel is reflected by the Diaphragm position/travel

·
Registered
1 Posts
My caris vibrating the speedo,rev,petrol,temp sticks when i start the car and when i switch off the car what might be the problem and i tried diagnosing the car but still no code detected.

·
Registered
41 Posts
101 - 119 of 119 Posts
About this Discussion
118 Replies
89 Participants
marrandy
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing