Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
'06 R350
143 Posts
Great instruction. Thanks for sharing.
I wonder whether they make any pump with bigger reservoir. My 9 qt isn't always enough in one round. Would recommend buying an air-compressor model over manual one.

·
Registered
02ML320 & 06RClass (sold)
1,632 Posts
he forgot to mention in the beginning that you have to pre-heat the engine for about 5- 10 min just to "soften" the oil so that when yuou pump it out it would be easier.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am pretty sure he said that the car must be at operating temperature before changing the oil.

·
Registered
2006 R500 Red w/Tan interior
81 Posts
Here is another oil change instruction document. I posted this on the forum a while ago, both docs are good...gotta love the forums...can really save people hassles in trying to figure things out on their own and helps mitigate the fears of doing it yourself versus paying the dealer.

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 C230 Sedan
75 Posts
DIY Cleaning/Replacing air filters

Attach is a PDF of a Do it Yourself (DIY) changing or cleaning of intake air filter (also A/C Cabin Filter) on a dual intake V6 Mercedes Benz (R350). Very similar procedue on the V8 engines (R500, R63)

Attachments

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

We need to start a DIY sticky like in the ML forum. Anybody knows how to do that. This way we can have all DIY procedures in one spot

·
Registered
'07 GL320CDI
5,102 Posts
he forgot to mention in the beginning that you have to pre-heat the engine for about 5- 10 min just to "soften" the oil so that when yuou pump it out it would be easier.
It's either 0W or 5W synthetic oil with pour points something like -50 degrees F.

·
Registered
318 Posts

·
Registered
2006 R350
191 Posts
Attach is a PDF of a Do it Yourself (DIY) changing or cleaning of intake air filter (also A/C Cabin Filter) on a dual intake V6 Mercedes Benz (R350). Very similar procedue on the V8 engines (R500, R63)
Only 1 thing to say......

AWESOME!

Whomever put this together...thank you.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We need a moderator huh. I could do it with someone else but since I have not done it before I am not sure what exactly the job involves.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Well, Mitaka if you want it or you need help let me know. I've done this sort of thing before and although this is my first benz I've been around diesels most of my life and know a thing or about a thing or 2.

·
Registered
08 R350, 07 Acura RL, 1989 Honda Shadow VLX600 (10K miles)
785 Posts
We need a moderator huh. I could do it with someone else but since I have not done it before I am not sure what exactly the job involves.
All you need to know is the forum rules.
If someone bashing others for wrong reasons or break the rules, you just give warning and banning them from the forum.
Also, helping others with technical questions, moving threads around to the correct places.

I have been as moderators for several Free To Air satellite sites and have been helping people as newbies how to set up dishes and install equipments.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
AsinaBlackR350 may be you should do it. You are a very active member and since you have done it I vote for you...

·
Registered
08 R350, 07 Acura RL, 1989 Honda Shadow VLX600 (10K miles)
785 Posts

·
Registered
2006 R350, 1993 Cadillac STS, Airbus A300
32 Posts
Can any R owners confirm whether or not the above A/C Cabin Filter procedure will work for my '06 R350? I'd like to change out the cabin filter (I've owned this vehicle for 6 months and it still smells of heavy cologne), but thought I'd read else where on this board that you have to go through the glove box in order to get to the cabin filter.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts