Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
w124 250 touring diesel 1987
35 Posts
w124 heating controls

My t124 heating controls don´t work - it always sends hot hair. It's a simpler heater with no air-con and all controls are manual. Would it be that much hard to repair?

·
Registered
Buncha W124's
2,051 Posts
My t124 heating controls don´t work - it always sends hot hair. It's a simpler heater with no air-con and all controls are manual. Would it be that much hard to repair?
When there is an electrical fault, the system defaults to full heat. Use the factory manuals and forum information to troubleshoot. Start a new thread with your problems, don't add a reply to a thread that is not related to your issue, because very few people will see it.

:eek:

·
Registered
1985 300TD On the road! and too many Dodges to list!
367 Posts
That is a wealth of info! Too much for my brain right now.
I have heater issues with my 123 300td. :|

Very good job.

·
Registered
1983 300SD, 1986 560SEL, 1992 300D, 1995 E320 Wagon
245 Posts
For those of you out there that see this comment, I posted a long video on how to remove the W124 dash and how to replace the vacuum actuator pods for the climate control.

Just trying to spread the word. Note that there are only 2 PN's left of the 6 PN's that are available from Mercedes or aftermarket. On the dual diaphragm pods you can buy one of the two pods that are available, remove their arms (white plastic just snaps it on), and you can take off the old arm from the old pod and transfer it to the new pod. NOTE: This trick only works on the dual diaphragm pods. Last resort you can get just the rubber diaphragm inside the pod that you can replace at a place called Performance Analysis in Tennessee, although you can't order on their website. You have to call them. Their part numbers for the two different diaphragms are 2010 and 2020. On the W124 and W126, you can use one of their diaphragm on the "center" pod, which is a single diaphragm. They are inexpensive, not sure how long they will be in business from the conversation I had with them. . Get a bunch and store them the rest of your life!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts