Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a 1995 SL320, with the M104 engine. the wiring harness is visibly cracked and wires are coming out. I just got the part in today from eBay, it was manafactured in 2005 and it's in great condition!

Now how hard is it to replace this myself? It seems like its just unplugging the old one and plugging in the new one but I understand the idea that I should leave it to the experts. Is this doable myself and is it relatively easy or am i risking ruinging more things?

Thanks for reading. Educated answers only please, im tired of hearing peoples opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
1993 600SL, 1973 450 SL,1982 380SL,1998 SLK 230, 1968 Firebird, 2001 Dodge Ram 4x4,2005 Ford Escape
5,247 Posts
I'm sure you can do it. It's a matter of un plugging and replugging ! You a need to remove a few covers etc, but on a six, lots of room and not tons of wire. To make your job easier, take lots of digital pics and label things. Unless you have zero mechanical aptitude, go for it. Tons of guys here to help you. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any general tips i should remember? Obviously unplug the battery but anything else just to remember?

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
1993 600SL, 1973 450 SL,1982 380SL,1998 SLK 230, 1968 Firebird, 2001 Dodge Ram 4x4,2005 Ford Escape
5,247 Posts
Fill out your profile please ! Location is important ! As far as tips, study each connector. Some have gate type latches, some clip, some plug etc. DONT screw with any wiring that you are not going to replace. If you have bad wiring and yank it around you will have a new problem ! Don't toss any other work into the mix. Replace the harness and make sure everything that worked before, works when your done. Take lots of pics and make concise notes. There is a posting below from a guy that did an excellent job documenting the process for a 500. That will give you some good general process pointers.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts