Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I have a 1969 mercedes 250 w114. Does anyone know the order of the wires on the distributor??<br>I am questioning EVERYTHING at this point. This car won't start. I'm not even sure the wires are on it correctly. <p>Any thoughts??? Can this EVEN BE explained?? <p>~Christy

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
From Haynes cause my car isn't home yet:-(<p>Firing order is 1-5-3-6-2-4, looking at the cap from above, the vacuum diaphram unit mounts between 3 and 6. Rotor travels clockwise.<p>Good Luck<p>: Hi! I have a 1969 mercedes 250 w114. Does anyone know the order of the wires on the distributor??<br>I am questioning EVERYTHING at this point. This car won't start. I'm not even sure the wires are on it correctly. <p>Any thoughts??? Can this EVEN BE explained?? <p>~Christy<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
: From Haynes cause my car isn't home yet:-(<p>Firing order is 1-5-3-6-2-4, looking at the cap from above, the vacuum diaphram unit mounts between 3 and 6. Rotor travels clockwise.<p>Good Luck<p>: Hi! I have a 1969 mercedes 250 w114. Does anyone know the order of the wires on the distributor??<br>I am questioning EVERYTHING at this point. This car won't start. I'm not even sure the wires are on it correctly. <p>Any thoughts??? Can this EVEN BE explained?? <p>~Christy<p><p>Ok. I have a cool little Chiltons book that shows the firing order for all models EXCEPT 280, which I would assume, my 250 would go in THAT category. Well, it also shows the order for the 280 seperately. My car APPEARS to currently have the distributor wires, in the order that the book shows for the 280.<br>I just don't know if mine are SUPOSSED to be like the 280, or like "all other models except the 280".<p>Maybe I should just switch them around and SEE if it works. <br>What do you think??<br>~Christy <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
: : From Haynes cause my car isn't home yet:-(<p>Firing order is 1-5-3-6-2-4, looking at the cap from above, the vacuum diaphram unit mounts between 3 and 6. Rotor travels clockwise.<p>Good Luck<p>: Hi! I have a 1969 mercedes 250 w114. Does anyone know the order of the wires on the distributor??<br>I am questioning EVERYTHING at this point. This car won't start. I'm not even sure the wires are on it correctly. <p>Any thoughts??? Can this EVEN BE explained?? <p>~Christy<p><p>Ok. I have a cool little Chiltons book that shows the firing order for all models EXCEPT 280, which I would assume, my 250 would go in THAT category. Well, it also shows the order for the 280 seperately. My car APPEARS to currently have the distributor wires, in the order that the book shows for the 280.<br>I just don't know if mine are SUPOSSED to be like the 280, or like "all other models except the 280".<p>Maybe I should just switch them around and SEE if it works. <br>What do you think??<br>~Christy <br><p>I don't see a difference in the order for any of the engines. Try this, turn the engine by hand to TDC, check that the No 1 valves are both closed. the rotor at this position should be pointing to the number 1 pickup terminal on the distributor.<p>Did you have the wires off or the distributor out?<p>Mark

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
: : : From Haynes cause my car isn't home yet:-(<p>Firing order is 1-5-3-6-2-4, looking at the cap from above, the vacuum diaphram unit mounts between 3 and 6. Rotor travels clockwise.<p>Good Luck<p>: Hi! I have a 1969 mercedes 250 w114. Does anyone know the order of the wires on the distributor??<br>I am questioning EVERYTHING at this point. This car won't start. I'm not even sure the wires are on it correctly. <p>Any thoughts??? Can this EVEN BE explained?? <p>~Christy<p><p>Ok. I have a cool little Chiltons book that shows the firing order for all models EXCEPT 280, which I would assume, my 250 would go in THAT category. Well, it also shows the order for the 280 seperately. My car APPEARS to currently have the distributor wires, in the order that the book shows for the 280.<br>I just don't know if mine are SUPOSSED to be like the 280, or like "all other models except the 280".<p>Maybe I should just switch them around and SEE if it works. <br>What do you think??<br>~Christy <br><p>I don't see a difference in the order for any of the engines. Try this, turn the engine by hand to TDC, check that the No 1 valves are both closed. the rotor at this position should be pointing to the number 1 pickup terminal on the distributor.<p>Did you have the wires off or the distributor out?<p>Mark<p>************************************************<br>No. The distributor appears to have NEVER come out of the car. The cap, rotor and wires are all new (Bosch). I am jusst trying to go back to basics, to try to find out WHY this car won't start. I really don't know what the hell I am doing and at this point there could be ANYTHING wrong with this car!<br>~Christy

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No. The distributor appears to have NEVER come out of the car. The cap, rotor and wires are all new (Bosch). I am jusst trying to go back to basics, to try to find out WHY this car won't start. I really don't know what the hell I am doing and at this point there could be ANYTHING wrong with this car!<br>~Christy<p>Ok, <br>1. Check for spark, plug out and grounded to engine. Should be strong blue spark.<br>2. Check ignition timing.<br>3. Check for fuel from pump. should be strong surge from pump.<p>from there we can tell where to look for the trouble. Email anytime if you need more info.<br>weekdays [email protected]<br>evenings, weekends [email protected]<p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts