Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1989 300 TE
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that after the head gasket was replaced and the wiring harness. The 1990 300TE that I have been interested in for $3700.00 still needs a new distributor and A/C Evaporator. Also, recently replaced are the plugs, wires, and fuel pump and filter. Seller does not want to spend any more on the car, and sell it for that price I guess. The quote to replace the distrubtor and evaporator is $1800. Does that seem like a reasonable price. How much do you think it would be seperately. Quote for the evaporator itself is $800. Do you think the car is still worth $3700 without a working A/C if the distributor has the car running right. Right now it seems to miss at higher RPM's.

Here are pictures. 120,000 miles. Any ideas?

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bobnoxiuos/slideshow?.dir=/cf82&.src=ph

I value your opinions

·
Registered
1994 E320
1,730 Posts
Rob, have you checked/asked the guy whether the hydraulic suspension was in full working order? The AC evaporator and distributor are only a drop in the ocean compared to what fixing that thing could cost.

Shady

·
Registered
1989 300 TE
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Suspension is Ok. The only problem still lies with that it seems to be missing on the road. Mechanic says he thinks it is the fuel distributor. Great parts prices with Autohaus Arizona, forwarded to the seller. Hopefully that will fix everything and we will be back on track. Then I can pick up the car this weekend. Hopefully running great with cold A/C.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts