Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I/can I display the Radio Info for 2008 R-class COMMAND control. I can diaplay the satillite Radio station name and information, but not for AM/FM radio stations... just the frequency!!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I have a 2006 Euro COMAND APS and be able to enable RDS (Radio Data Service/System). I was not able to do so with the original US COMAND. Perhaps it is not possible with the US ones. And quite frankly i never saw any radio whatsoever here in the US displaying RDS!

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Station has to send the information in the first place and not all do.

But, at the end of the day, this is a feature not available on your COMAND. (Note correct spelling ... it's an acronym.)

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have a 2006 Euro COMAND APS and be able to enable RDS (Radio Data Service/System). I was not able to do so with the original US COMAND. Perhaps it is not possible with the US ones. And quite frankly i never saw any radio whatsoever here in the US displaying RDS!
The radio on my 2000 Audi A6 had RDS and would display radio station name and song playing for those stations that broadcasted the data.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
The radio on my 2000 Audi A6 had RDS and would display radio station name and song playing for those stations that broadcasted the data.
That's how it is... In Germany I remember we always read off the display weather information and another station always broadcasted the upcoming parties in the area!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well The radio on my 2002 Volvo XC70 had RDS and I was able to see the radio station name!! As well as serveral other vehicles that I have rented in Calgary also showed both radio station name & song playing so I know that the stations are broadcasting the required info, I just can't get my COMAND to display it!
Thought there must be a special setting or maybe a firmware upgrade to allow this?!!

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
How do I/can I display the Radio Info for 2008 R-class COMMAND control. I can diaplay the satillite Radio station name and information, but not for AM/FM radio stations... just the frequency!!
As from above, perhaps your device does not show "RDS data" or whatever it is in the US but when you say AM/FM stations, I guess RDS isn't available from AM stations anywhere, there cannot be enough bandwidth for the RDS signal. But if it does not work for FM stations, then perhaps a setting on your radio or it just is disabled from this head unit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts