Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the booster vacuum hose of my 84 300TDT... the problem is given my VIN# a different vacuum hose is shown in the micro film as against the original part that came with the car.

Micro film part# 123 430 58 29
(the 2 outlet vacuum fittings that attach to the straw like vacuum lines are positioned far apart, thus the vacuum lines are too short to attach to it)

part# that originally came with the car: 123 430 74 29
(the 2 outlet vacuum fittings are positioned next to each other whereby they perfectly attach to the straw like vacuum lines)

From what it seems, the micro film part# is definitely not the correct one. What may have caused such discrepancy?? Can anyone please shed light on this. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
68 Posts
123 booster hose

The 123 430 58 29 and the 123 430 74 29 are the only two brake booster hoses used on the U.S. version(almost all of them were the 74)

Since you even took the 1234607429 right off the part of course you know which one you need. The 7429' is still a good part number alive and still kicking, here in the U.S.. I bet some dealers still stock this thing.

As far as what would cause this discrepancy:

Any experienced MB parts guy could tell you that many of the VIN# breaks in the 123 film are incorrect. There is A LOT of incorrect information in our U.S. film and they go way beyond brake booster hoses.
A knowledgeable and experienced partsperson is essential for looking up 123 stuff.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.