·
Registered
450 SL 1976
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

What do you think about this site

http://www.discountmbparts.com/

anyone who has bought stuff from there, and is it okay?? As far as I can understand, it's not original parts, right?

My brothers 560SEC has a broken camshaft, and I'm trying to find some for him at a resonable price; maybe even find some speciel camshafts to tune the engine - any thoughts and usefull websites will be greatly appreciated!

Thomas

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
Hey there Thomas,
Can't say I've used them, but I can recomend myself.. My prices are Very competative and I won't send you crap.. There is a LOT of horrible aftermarket parts out there.. I've been dealing w/ them for a number of years and have a good feel as to aftermarkte is OK and where you need to go Genuine.

I also ship over seas Quite regularly.

Jonathan

·
Registered
300 SEL (1989)
369 Posts
Thomas J,
I've purchased some parts from jhodg5ck & found him reliable & prompt. A Recommended Member Parts Supplier.

·
Registered
450 SL 1976
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, my brother has an offer on changing the camshaft now - all in all with oilchange and everything: $3.200... how does that sound in your ears?

The mechanic has considered 7 hours of labour at $85 an hour, which a fairly resonable hour-price (is that a word??[:D])

I'm guessing, that the parts here in DK is rather expensive...?

·
Registered
1985 500SEL
835 Posts
It amazes me how lucky we are in the US

the german car parts are actually cheaper than Europe...

I guess it all goes with the supply and demand theory..

lol

hopefully Gas wont be as high as Europe either :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts