Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 ML320
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Me and my buddy who works on cars were replacing the valve cover gaskets on my '02 ML320 today and after we replaced the passenger side valve cover gasket we took a look at the driver side valve cover gasket we noticed that its fairly simple except for the fuel line blocking our path to remove the valve cover and we were afraid of disconnecting the fuel line connected to the fuel rail.

If we disconnect the fuel line, air will obviously get trapped inside when reconnected, is it ok to reconnect without doing anything? Will the air trapped inside get cancelled out by a key cycle? or Is disconnecting it to replace the valve cover gasket a big no no? What is involved after or during its disconnection and reconnection?

If you have problems understanding, I will post pictures. Maybe I don't explain it too well.

Thank You!

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
17,104 Posts
There will be no problem with air as it will be bled out on first start up. Before disconnecting the fuel line, bleed off the pressure at the Schrader valve, use towel at both locations.

·
Registered
2002 ML320
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There will be no problem with air as it will be bled out on first start up. Before disconnecting the fuel line, bleed off the pressure at the Schrader valve, use towel at both locations.
Awesome!

Where is the Schrader valve and how we bleed it out?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts