Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
It turns out that the compression in cylinder 4 on my 560 sec is 1/10th what it should be.
Right now I'm just trying to get it through inspection and it fails because of the smell of unburnt fuel.
I was thinking I could just unplug the injector wiring, but as I found out it has K Jet mechanical injection.
Will removing the fuel line to cylinder 4 and plugging it cause pressure issues in the system?

·
Registered
1986 420 SEL
55 Posts
Hi
It turns out that the compression in cylinder 4 on my 560 sec is 1/10th what it should be.
Right now I'm just trying to get it through inspection and it fails because of the smell of unburnt fuel.
I was thinking I could just unplug the injector wiring, but as I found out it has K Jet mechanical injection.
Will removing the fuel line to cylinder 4 and plugging it cause pressure issues in the system?
No you don't end up with more fuel in the remaining cylinders. Otherwise if you had a clogged injector the car would not run. I think I would be trying to figure out that compression issue yesterday. good luck!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I'll look into plugging it at see if the smell goes away.
The shop that tested it said it most likely needs new rings and just a general overhaul. I just want to get it through inspection right now and deal with it when I have the time and $ to do so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts