Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I have a strange scenario with my 1991 SL500.When I use the indicator stalk to turn ALL the lights across the bottom of the instrument cluster flash on and off again as the stalk is depressed into a turn setting???

The seat belt light flashes intermittently and then all go out until the next time I use the turn signal?

Any suggestions as to what this could be?

Hoping in advance....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you changed the wiring harnesses yet? Check to see if they're intact. It may be you have a crossed wire causing the problem.
I have not changed the wiring harness as my search of the forum seems to show that the harness problem was only after 93?Hope its not this I will have it checked.Thank You

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Guys

A big thank you to all who responded as usual!The good news is the the culprit of the Disco Dash was the fuse Box and several badly corroded terminals!The Sparky replaced all the fuses with a new type of fuses that has a brass terminal?And the cost was marginal only labour of R350($43)
and R60 rands worth of fuses!

I'm so thrilled!

Now the interior work begins in earnest,I have head rest gears to replace "as per sticky" over the weekend and a few little bits and pieces.

Thanks Again.

·
Greek God of the R129
8,364 Posts
Hi Guys

A big thank you to all who responded as usual!The good news is the the culprit of the Disco Dash was the fuse Box and several badly corroded terminals!The Sparky replaced all the fuses with a new type of fuses that has a brass terminal?And the cost was marginal only labour of R350($43)
and R60 rands worth of fuses!

I'm so thrilled!

Now the interior work begins in earnest,I have head rest gears to replace "as per sticky" over the weekend and a few little bits and pieces.

Thanks Again.

:) :) :) Glad for you. ;)

Regards,
aam.

·
10,293 Posts
What is this "electrolytic capacitor" problem? Could this be the problem with my oil gauge going to zero at 2500 rpm?
Probably not, the issue is documented in the W140 section, with a how to repair posted by me...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts