Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The SLK55's are disappointingly fast. I was (selfishly) hoping the SLK55's would be slower than the are. I have seen a couple of 12.8's in the quarter. Was at the drag strip today and there was one SLK55. First time ever to the drags and he hit 13.0 with lots of wheelspin.

·
Registered
SLK
543 Posts
my mum has a new slk55 and yep, they are damn fast - faster than her slk32 r170...

i guess benz could not exactly bring out a slower amg than the r170 or people wouldnt but them!

They are quick....too quick

·
Registered
2003 SLK32
119 Posts
430-how were your times today. I'm sorry I missed it. I really wanted to see if the 255/40 goodyears would make a difference. I looked for you all comming the opposite direction as I went up and down I-75 today.

Billy Ray

·
Registered
2003 SLK32
119 Posts
Sorry 430, I didn't read far enough down and was too eager to see the numbers. Great driving, you did as well as the Car and Driver guys best time on the video.

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rbridges - 5/1/2005 9:05 PM

also, I think the v8 is a better platform for future HP than the sc v6.

of course 349 HP from a 3.2L isn't bad.
As much as I want to disagree with you unfortunatly you are correct. Although time will tell how easy it is for tuners to get additional HP out of the engine. In that respect we are spoiled. It is very easy to get additional power out of a forced induction motor. Please don't post about adding a Kleeman supercharger. I know it is possible but not too many people are going to spend $14k plus for a supercharger. We could punch our engines out to 3.8L and get more power, but again you are talking about $14k.

After seeing the offers rbridges got on his car ($40k-$43k if I remember correctly) I am almost tempted to sell the car later in the year.

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
The 55 is 4.9 seconds from 0-62mph (0-100kmh) according to MB.

However, reviews have pointed it to being a bit quicker at 4.5 seconds.

And several people having run theirs, show it to be as quick as 4.2 seconds!!!

Yes, it's quite a fast beast [:D]

Some people have been able to launch theirs without wheelspin (or minimal wheelspin) and get 12.6 second quarter miles (or something similar). mmm, nice car [:D]

·
Registered
325 Posts
The changeover to the same type of DOHC engine as the SLK 350 (except with 8 cylinders) for the next SLK AMG should be even stronger and economical than the current SOHC engine.

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
Palmateer - 5/2/2005 11:58 AM

The changeover to the same type of DOHC engine as the SLK 350 (except with 8 cylinders) for the next SLK AMG should be even stronger and economical than the current SOHC engine.
Yeah. I wonder when it will come out? That is, if it truly will be made by the end of 2006 or something like that...

Would love to get my mits on the 'new' SLK AMG [:D] But I'll most likely keep my current one and maybe supercharge it once the MB warranty runs out [:)] Eat that new SLK AMG [:D] [;)]

·
Registered
2002 SLK32
1,080 Posts
I remember someone with a stock SLK32 doing a 12.8. Someone else with a pulley upgrade did a 12.6. I think the cars are pretty close stock vs stock. It would be interesting for two stock models to get together some time and have a go.

The SLK32 is still more tunable under a reasonable budget but we MB finally introduces a 4 value V8 it will be difficult for the 32s to keep up.

·
Registered
2002 SLK32
1,080 Posts
RE: C&D tested SLK55, 0-60 in 4.3 and 1/4 mile in [email protected]

this compares to 4.5 and [email protected] for the SLK32. The 0-60 SLK55 time is particularly impressive because it requires 2 gear changes to reach 60. The 55 was faster than the 400hp C6 corvette. The 7 speed transmission is an advantage for the SLK55.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts