Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 200 R171
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I managed to receive my AMG tail lights after waiting for 2 weeks to arrive. Have it fixed and removed my current tail lights that comes with the standard tail lights fo the SLK 200. I realize that the only difference between the 2 tail lights is only the black layer that subsitutes the white layer of the standard tail lights. I may be wrong, just correct me, there is a layer of sticker that was stick across the on the black layer. Don't tell me it was the sticker that does the job cause it does not make sense to pay US$400 for this tail lights .

·
Registered
E55 AMG
359 Posts
hehe yes this is only difference [:eek:)]

·
Registered
SLK 350
69 Posts
Surely this cannot be right! Is it only the white part on a non amg light that is darkened, does the red remain the same? I am about the order them but having second thoughts now, it costs almost US$600 in the UK. If it is simply a sticker behind the white bit surely we can easily replicate this. Does anyone have a pic of the sticker on the AMG lights?

·
Registered
R171 200 AMG Kit
117 Posts
Amg Lights

http://images.auction123.com/A123IH/4b88da44-1432-4d7a-8377-68e1ef3e76d2/WDBWK73FX5F023382/04/webimage001l.jpg

Standard

http://www.ecarlink.com/photos/046303/DSC01120.JPG

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
You could have done the mod yourself for 5 bucks by buying a can of 'smoke' paint.

·
Registered
SLK 350 due 03/05
90 Posts
how do you smoke lights

What is teh best way to smoke lights?

I presume they will be sealed units so teh only option is to do something with teh external part of the light, as suggested to use smoke paint.

Using such a product, doesn't it begin to wear off after time?

I like the idea of smoking the tails but I'd want them to look and wear like AMG OEM not wanna be's - but nor do i think its worth £400!

If the units could be desembled and painted on the inside that would be my preference.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hi there SLKfans,

I'm still waiting for u to call me leh... Anyway, just to let u know that one of the bro(johnnybravo) has done black tinting to the tail lights and the 3rd brake light at the price of S$30. Guess u have react too fast.... Anyway call me ya.... Hope we can meetup on tuesday(1 mar).

Cheers...[:)]

·
Registered
SLK 27/Jan/2005
102 Posts
hello hello.... ya... paiseh no time to take a picture and let you all see... i shall go wash my car and maybe take a pic. keep you all informed.

Jon

·
Registered
SLK350
365 Posts
Not sure why one would want to do this in the first instance.

I want my tail lights as bright as possible, thanks.

roadsta

·
Registered
2005 SLK350 2011 GLK3504X 2006 ML350(selling when GLK arrives)
1,940 Posts
roadsta - 2/26/2005 6:45 PM

Not sure why one would want to do this in the first instance.

I want my tail lights as bright as possible, thanks.

roadsta
I'm with you, mate....[;)]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts