Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
ML350 2012
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

this is my first question here. I own (but still have to collect) a ML350 (ordered 6th of jan 2012, delivered 6th of august...) but I don't like the idea of that stop/start device. I know I can switch it off at start, but that's not really a solution. I asked the question while I was at the demo center in Brussels, and the guy who handed me the demo vehicle told me this SS thing can be permanently disabled by the dealer if you ask them nicely. I did but the technician had a look on his face that said enough... So what's up ? In another MB forum I have just read that quite some MB's have had problems with faulty battery temperature sensors, leading to the SS disabling itself. Would it be possible to deliberately disable this sensor (or another ?) to get rid of the SS altogether ? I suppose that sensor has to be removable, so...
Any suggestions ? (I tried first to search all the MB fora but got no relevant hits, so excuse me if this question has already been asked).
On a positive note : I like the car and can't wait to drive it. Too bad interior colours were so ugly I had to ask someone to re-upholster the seats in the colour my wife liked. At least now I have something special...

bye, Pierre, Belgium

·
Registered
2000 ML430 SOLD, 2007 BMW 328i Coupe, 2014 BMW i3, 2019 Honda Odyssey
2,982 Posts
BMW just announced yesterday that they can reprogram the same feature on their cars to "remember" the user's last setting. It could be theoretically possible if it was written into the software and you could find a technician willing to do it. Perhaps call another dealer.

I'm curious about your new interior color, what did you pick?

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
ML350 2012
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is what my wife took : Nappa exclusive 2068 Sattlebrown. it's a cognac-like colour mimicking some Hermes bag (don't ask...). Actually we took the same combination from our previous ML280CDI with designo leather (which is not available yet). But it cost me less to just have the leather changed : the previous designo option was twice as expensive because it was a package (leather + other useless items). Recommended.

I will continue to pester the dealer with that SS thing.

thx

·
Registered
1999 E55, 2001 E320, 1990 560 SEC, 2004 ML350, 2001 ML55, 1995 S500, 1998 SL500, 2010 E550 Sport zoo
7,035 Posts
Why pester - doesn't the SS Eco-Start have a Off button on the dash like the US version 2013 GLK ?

·
Registered
1999 E55, 2001 E320, 1990 560 SEC, 2004 ML350, 2001 ML55, 1995 S500, 1998 SL500, 2010 E550 Sport zoo
7,035 Posts
The Eco Start-Stop ffor Mercedes has been expanded to the ML in part to meet the EU mandated implementation goals for the stricter EU CO2 requirements - in 2012 65% of Mercedes sold in the EU need to meet the stricter CO2 standard, and Eco Start gets you a long way on that one.

So I would reasonably expect the reaction of the technician you spoke to was similar to here in the US if a technician was politely asked about disconnecting a part of the smog control system.

Keep the beat !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts