Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how I can disable the car alarm on my 2001 C320?

I had to jump my car several times in the last weeks due to the battery being dead when I tried to start it. I got a new battery but the car was 'dead' again a few days later. Then I got a new alternator and today the battery was dead again. One time when I could not start the car, I heard this annoying beeping sounds which lasted for hours and today my car alarm went off when I entered the car with the regular mini-key. I'm thinking that my car alarm might go off, not stop and drain my battery...???? I don't know but I'm about to sell my car if I can't figure this out....have been late to work several times because of it and wasting my free time at mechanics and with the AAA guys isn't the right thing to do either.....

.....ANY HELP? ANYONE????? Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,
I am getting exactly the same symptoms on my 2001 C320. I did some diagnostics and found out that the battery has about 1 Amp current when the car is turned off. But the battery is charging when the car is running. So alternator is ok. I am suspecting power seats problem, not the Car Alarm.

I am also looking for wiring diagrams for C320.
Anybody has a Factory shop manual for this model?

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

It's probably the car alarm if you live in a bad neighborhood and you have 30-40 theft attempts per night. Most people seem to live in better neighborhoods and just replace the power seat modules, a very common problem with 2001/2002 C320. They are pricey, so you can set the seat position where you want them and unplug them until you are ready to fix it.

Please update your profile with car model and location, especially if it's an area we should avoid (or go to if we want the car stolen).

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sorry to bring up a old thread but I am getting the same problems, I found the alarm box then unpluged it and the beeping still would not go away.. I pulled it out and left it in my shed. Are the car seats the real problem?
How would i tell where the battery drian is comming from?
Thanks again

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
If you have the power seats then, yes, it is the problem... Unplug the seat modules for a quick fix. Not sure if the dealership ever came up with a solution, but I don't think they did. You can buy a new module... Chances are though it will do the same thing eventually.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Not a big deal man. Just unplug them! I'm sure it does suck though to have power seats, and not be able to use them.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Sorry to bring up a old thread but I am getting the same problems, I found the alarm box then unpluged it and the beeping still would not go away.. I pulled it out and left it in my shed. Are the car seats the real problem?
Thanks again
yes and yes.

there's quite a few places that could drain the battery.

driver side power seat module, passenger power seat module, overhead dome light module, and Comand head unit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks again
could you please tell me where you found the alarm box? I need to unplug mine

1 - 9 of 9 Posts