Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Does anyone know where the alarm horn on a 2003 ML350 is so I can disable it? I searched this forum and it seems that many people have the same issue (alarm goes off for no reason), but I couldn't find any instructions on how to disable the horn (either from a fuse or from disconecting a cable). I am not a mechanic so a picture will help alot :)

Thank you!!!

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Right rear of engine compartment, H1 in the enclosed pic.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,142 Posts
That would be the one, but to really fix the problem it is most like a faulty tow sensor.
It has plagued many W163 owners and should be replaced if you want the security system
intact or ever need to hit the panic button. The tech side of the body shop has replaced many
of them for out of warranty customers, but it can be a DIY project.

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
17,104 Posts
Remove the electrical connector from H3 which is under the hood on the driver's side firewall. But remember, that once you do this there will be no anti theft alert.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THANK YOU! I found the horn, removed it and for now at least there is no alarm horn. The lights still go off though.
If it is a faulty tow sensor.... anyone done this? I will search the posts for this.

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
7,743 Posts
THANK YOU! I found the horn, removed it and for now at least there is no alarm horn. The lights still go off though.
If it is a faulty tow sensor.... anyone done this? I will search the posts for this.
You can disable interior protection using switch on trip computer. See Owners Manual.

That leaves you with six switches (5 doors+hood) that you need to check. AAM stores alarm triggers. It is easy to find what trips alarm using AAM fault memory.

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
17,104 Posts
The tow sensor is not a separate part; it is part of the trip computer. So, you must try to find a used one on ebay or elsewhere.

You can disable the alarm by following the instructions in the owner's manual as Witek suggested, but you must remember to cancel it each and every time you leave the vehicle. Inserting the key in the ignition activates the alarm once again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts