Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought a 99 A160 the other day, i fitted new central locking kit as the original keys buggered. The immobiliser's ok, the transponder still works fine but the door/alarm buttons are dead dead, new batteries and still dead dead.

When i reconnected the battery the alarm reset its self and switched its self on. Now i cant turn it off. Ive unplugged the siren but the indicators still flash as though the alarms going off.

This is the family car so i need to sort this out.

Any idea's? the fuse is already out but it makes no difference. Is there a manual key switch for the alarm
anywhere???

Does anyone know where the alarm is situated? i could track the alarm light back but it looks like its a dash out job to do that.

·
Premium Member
2002 ML320, 2003 A160, 2002 ML500, 2018 GLS350d
4,186 Posts
What parts did you remove or disconnect, and what parts did you install from the central locking kit, and what did you connect them to?

If you installed aftermarket parts and the system doesn’t function properly, the best course of action is to revert to stock. Then order a new key or repair the old one.

If the remote locking circuit board inside the fob is faulty, it can be replaced and your A-Class reprogrammed to recognize the donor board. Requires Star Diagnosis or equivalent gear.

Welcome to the forum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts