Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 240d
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the rain season is going to start soon though its hardly any in so cal, but when it does my wheel is always dirty and rubbing off on my hands,since my car is not totally weather proof, old weather stripping its damp inside,is it dirt on my wheel or is the wheel just falling apart? thanks for any info

·
Registered
240D
19 Posts
maybe your wheel is just dry and old. i have had old wheels get like this. there are p...

maybe your wheel is just dry and old. i have had old wheels get like this. there are places that make leather covers you can stitch over the whille yourself....htey look quite good too, makes it feel like a new wheel

·
Registered
1989 560SEL
2,103 Posts
...or you can just get a piece of paper towel and windex (or a cloth and some soapy wate...

...or you can just get a piece of paper towel and windex (or a cloth and some soapy water) and give that old steering wheel a good scrub-down. don't worry, it won't destroy the leather. that should solve the problem. if it doesn't, then i guess your wheel IS disintegrating, though i've never heard of that happening before.

·
Registered
Mercedes Diesels
145 Posts
I have a good 123 wheel if your interested. The wrong cleaner, too harsh will destroy the ...

I have a good 123 wheel if your interested. The wrong cleaner, too harsh will destroy the wheel. I will check which version it is if your interested. I can't remember what year 123 I pulled it from.
John Gregg
[email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.