Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took delivery of a new-to-me 06 E350. In the instrument display, it features "DIR OF TRAVEL" and then displayed underneath is the large letter N. I'm assuming this is a compass feature, but it always displays N, no matter what direction I'm driving in.

Does anyone know how to reset this or make the feature work correctly?

Also, my car is not equipped with Sat Nav, but in one of the dealer's pics it shows the bottom line of the COMAND unit showing the latitude & longitude as well as the altitude. Does anyone know how to access this feature?

Many thanks! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you sure the car did not previously have navigation? At least my W211 has no compass but the direction of travel would be figured out from the GPS. US cars may be different though.

Here is a good guide on what is involved in retrofitting the navi processor to a W211.
OEM Navigation Retrofit w/ pics - MBWorld.org Forums
Thanks Diesel Benz

The car has the GPS receiver and antenna, but it doesn't have the DVD Nav unit in the trunk, so I know it picks up the GPS co-ordinates, but it has no ability to generate maps displays without the DVD nav unit. In the U.S., all freeways and highways are marked with a N, S, E or W, so it is useful to know which general direction you are travelling.

Merry Xmas!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts