Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2000 SL500 black - 2015 C300-4matic black - 2000 S500 black - 2008 S550 white
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some one ding my pass door help. It's small but the sun makes it look big. How to remove

·
Administrator
1998 Pano SL500; 1993 SL500; 2005 ML270cdi
9,106 Posts
Some c**t has done the same thing to my car on the drivers door, by parking too close then throwing open their passenger door

I'm thinking of taking off the door lining and seeing if I can push out the small dent. It hasn't creased the metal but may have stretched it slightly.
I also have a small suction device for supposedly pulling out dents, but I don't hold out too much hope using it on this dent.

·
Registered
1987 560SL Gone but not forgotten! & 1999 SL500 For Now
745 Posts
luigiz said:
Some one ding my pass door help. It's small but the sun makes it look big. How to remove
luigiz,
An alternative to DIY is to use a local 'paintless dent repair' guy who gets these kinds of dents, dings, etc. out of the bodywork to the degree that you wouldn't know they were there in the first place. As long as the paint isn't broken, these repairs are inexpensive and fast and the panel doesn't have to be removed.

Several franchises are around, DentDoctor, DingKing, or check directory listings under autobody repair. Many of these guys are mobile and will come to you.

Bob

·
Banned
Y2K SL500 Silver
8,660 Posts
SunGuy61 said:
luigiz,
An alternative to DIY is to use a local 'paintless dent repair' guy who gets these kinds of dents, dings, etc. out of the bodywork to the degree that you wouldn't know they were there in the first place. As long as the paint isn't broken, these repairs are inexpensive and fast and the panel doesn't have to be removed.

Several franchises are around, DentDoctor, DingKing, or check directory listings under autobody repair. Many of these guys are mobile and will come to you.

Bob
Bob, some idiot put his truck door into my passenger door so I called out my favorite "paintless dent removal" guy. He has charged me anywhere from $100.00 to $80.00 per dent/visit. The more work I give him the cheaper it gets! He always does an excellent job without removing panels, etc. Usually takes him about 15 minutes per dent.

I had one guy tell me that he "Saves Marriages". Especially when the wife takes the car out and it comes back with a dent. My wife said give me his card.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
I had a small ding from the dealer a few years back. They parked my car in the customer lot waiting for me to pick up after oil change. Someone opened the door and left a small ding. Since it was not there prior and the incident happened in the dealer's lot, they paid to have the ding removed. They called some guys who specializes in removing dings and did a fanatic job. I can't even tell you where the ding was if I have to point it out again.

The guy fixed the ding from the inside. He removed the chrome plate and the hazardous reflector on the door and used some tools to smooth out the surface. I honestly don't know how much the job was. I am sure it wasn't cheap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts