Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1994 S320 SWB
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it seems as though the lights have gone out back there. I'm way to scared to attempt to remove the cluster myself and install new bulbs. can someone describe to me what it would involve and how long it should take so that when i ask my indy mechanic i don't get knocked on my butt cause im so shocked at the price?

·
93 SL500, 95 SL320, 96 S320, 98 S500, 2002 E320 4Matic Wagon & A little 91 5.0 FORD Mustang
8,064 Posts
It "sounds" like a simple fix, here is what it could be:

Blown bias resistor-it powers the LED element

Blown LED driver-hard to remove-but still a cheap fix

Blown transistor driver(s)

Now, it could just be a bad connection or the odometer is not working, but I guess your speedometer still works?

I know it sounds like greek, but electronics is electronics...You might be able to spot the burned part once you take the cluster apart.

Martin

·
Registered
1994 S320 SWB
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that damn site makes everything look so easy. i'd never be able to do it without blowing something up. if it's such an easy job i might just have the mechanic do it, i can spend a bit of cash on this, and it's not like it needs to be done now. my mileage is not something of uber importance, although I do enjoy showing off that i have surpassed the 200k mark :-D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts