Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Interior wood pieces are different shades in two different places...

I attached pictures that clearly show the difference. Is this supposed to be this way?

The steering Wheel is hte same as the panel with the ESP button. Is this a combo of the "Burl Wood" and the "Walnut"?

I bought this car used and wonder if some of these pieces were replaced but with the wrong parts.

Thx

Attachments

·
Registered
96 and 08 911 turbos
2,988 Posts
It is difficult to color match these items properly. They could both be burlwood, just different shades.

I have eucalyptus, which is a different shade again.

·
Registered
2007 ML 350 Iridium Silver/ Ash (Sold)
568 Posts
My Interior wood pieces are different shades in two different places...

I attached pictures that clearly show the difference. Is this supposed to be this way?

The steering Wheel is hte same as the panel with the ESP button. Is this a combo of the "Burl Wood" and the "Walnut"?

I bought this car used and wonder if some of these pieces were replaced but with the wrong parts.

Thx

You may be correct when you say the wrong parts were installed. The wood looks different ( color, grain) and, NO, it's not supposed to be that way. The complete shifter assembly could be from an other W220, due to the fact the shifters do break. Instead of replaceing the broken part, could be the PO may have replaced the whole assembly.
I thought my wood had different shades as well, but in the sunlight, the colors seem to run together and looks like one piece from the shifter to the wood surround.
In my S500 the shifter/ console wood does not look like the AC wood color at certain angles. See pictures.
John

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check this out. I found this picture at the link below from the other mercedes forum.

These appear to be pictures of a new car with the designo package. The trim around the shifter is the same as ours.

You can see the rest of the pictures at the link here...

Designo - MBWorld.org Forums

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 (w220) S500 & (R230) SL550 2007
646 Posts
I noticed the shifter wood

I had the same thoughts, but dismissed it.
It looks to me like there is Burled walnut everywhere EXCEPT the shifter surround looks more like the Eucalyptus a good bit lighter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts