Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey there,

I recently bought replacement Charcoal and Cabin filters from MANN. MANN claims to be the OEM supplier for Mercedes. So why are there such significant differences with the MANN filters vs the OEM filters.

For example,

The OEM filters look totally different than the replacements. The OEM charcoals look more expensive and "free flowing"? The filters do fit perfectly though. I think the amount of blowing air feels the same to me as well.

The cabin filters that I removed were OEM and have nice white felt wrapped all the way around them. They slide in and out nicely. The new MANN cabin filters use cheap foam all the way around. The MANN cabin filters also are a bit trickier to install because when you slide the second one in the foam rubs against each other. You really need to look inside with a flashlight to be sure the filter has seated in properly all the way to the back of the housing.

Should this be a concern? Just seems to me that the cabin filters that are OEM seem better using the felt. The foam stuff usually dries out and starts disintegrating.

The top pictures are the OEM filters. LEFT = OEM Charcoal RIGHT = OEM Cabin BOTTOM = Replacement MANN Charcoal.

I don't have a picture of the replacement Cabin with foam, just picture foam instead of the white felt. The picture of the MANN filter at AutoHauz website shows it has foam. Has anyone here bought a MANN cabin filter from Autohauz? Did your's have foam or felt?

What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
98 ML320, 01 S500, 15 GL350
587 Posts
yes, I bought the same filter from Autohauz and found it's misclaimed. I ended with wixi filter from Amazon, which is more similar like the OEM, solid with lots charcoal inside.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts