Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the difference between:<br>p/n - WA1-041-41-06-0405<br>and,<br>p/n - WA1-041-41-06-0404?<p>I have a 95 C36 (original p/n ends 0404). I assume the service tech made a substitution with a later model year's part (thus, p/n ending 0405).<p>However, the parts look quite different. 0404 looks much bigger - wider and thicker. 0405 looks narrow and smaller.<p>To clarify, this is the air intake tube that crosses the top of the engine, with "3.6" molded on top of the part.<p>Does anybody know why the part changed? I know there are differences between 95 vs. 96&97 model years, and I'm wondering if this is a compatible part substitution.<p>Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.<br>James

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a 95 C36 and was looking for a tensioner shock and was told that there are two motors with slightly different componenet requirements within the 95 year (one with and one without a shock tensioner, for example). I don't know if this would apply to intakes, but chech with MB and give them your V.I.N.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts