Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know or have some reference material<br>showing the diferances between the 1985 euro 500sl vs<br>the U.S. 450sl and 560sl. electrical,or macanical,ac,brakes,<br>wheel size ect,glass,trim,body parts,fenders,trunk lid<br>can the parts be interchanged ?<br>thanks Ed

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ed,<p>I own a 1985 Euro 500SL. I inherited this car recently and am not an expert but the main difference will be the engine. The Euro model has a lighter alloy engine with a higher compression ratio (about 9:1)than the 4.5 litre or the 5.6 litre. Horsepower is at 245hp which is higher than the 450's 4.5 litre and about the same as the 5.6 litre. The Euro is geared higher and has a higher top end speed. Most interior and exterior parts are fairly interchangeable. Euro was available with ABS and airbags. I had the cams and timing chain replaced the shop had no problem finding parts. Soft top is same as 560/380. Bumpers are different, and better looking. Fog lights are spaced further out towards end of bumpers. Rear spoiler on the Euro. Wheel size on the Euro is 14 inch, the 560 went to 15 and I think 16 inch, not sure about the 380/450<br> <br>: does anyone know or have some reference material<br>showing the diferances between the 1985 euro 500sl vs<br>the U.S. 450sl and 560sl. electrical,or macanical,ac,brakes,<br>wheel size ect,glass,trim,body parts,fenders,trunk lid<br>can the parts be interchanged ?<br>thanks Ed<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Diff. between 1985 Euro 500sl vs U.S. 450sl,560sl

I have a 1986 European 500SL. Any idea where I can get manuals...owners, shop, ....? Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts