Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1998 C43 AMG
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Has anybody heard any information about Mercedes coming out with a new Diesel, for the U.S? The last year was the '99 E300TD... Nothing since, and nothing planned for near future. Anyways, if you hear something, please post it. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
1998 C43 AMG
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I didn't mean to put this in the AMG section, but as an excuse, I hear they are coming out...

I didn't mean to put this in the AMG section, but as an excuse, I hear they are coming out with a new AMG Diesel... The C30 coupe or something - in Deutshland.

·
Registered
2000 E320S4M
1,945 Posts
It will be a few more years before diesil makes it great return to the US/CAD for Mercedes...

It will be a few more years before diesil makes it great return to the US/CAD for Mercedes.

When it does though, we will be trading up to the ML400 CDI[:D]

·
Registered
SL280
196 Posts
The reason you guys dont have diesels is that you can buy gasoline at the right price !

The reason you guys dont have diesels is that you can buy gasoline at the right price !
Diesels are for us poor folk over here...

·
Registered
1998 C43 AMG
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, we do have great prices for gas here, but we, or at least, I, am not proud of what w...

Yeah, we do have great prices for gas here, but we, or at least, I, am not proud of what we do for it. Diesels get much greater mpg, and they last so much longer, so I was only curious. Every Mercedes now runs of Premium fuel Octane 91.. $1.80.

·
Registered
2000 E320S4M
1,945 Posts
Re: The reason you guys dont have diesels is that you can buy gasoline at the right price !

Diesels are for us poor folk over here...
Diesils are for people that want torque! The ML would be great with more torque. Sure you say get the 500, but I still want good fuel economy.

·
Registered
1998 C43 AMG
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah an ML with high torque and great gas mileage (and fewer maitenence probs) would be gr...

Yeah an ML with high torque and great gas mileage (and fewer maitenence probs) would be great! Did they ever figure out the bad batch in 1998 or 1999? I heard they were total lemons right from the factory..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts