Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I heard 2006

I heard 2006 because thats when the us deisel will be of quality vs. european diesel.<br> <br> Austin

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dealers are wankers!

why are Mercedes dealers such wankers?<br> <br> I hear an on again off again story about this. The last one from a dealer was that no diesels are being brought into Canada because they can't sell them...funny how they can sell CDIs everywhere else in the world, not to mention how many new TDI VWs there are on the road here in Canada. <br> <br> Along with many others out there, I am a faithful Mercedes diesel driver, who looks forward to their return in this part of the world...meanwhile as far as I am concerned the dealers can stick their petrol engined benzes up their sphincters with their attitudes.<br>

·
Registered
G320 & E500
1,193 Posts
They are scared of the diesels

The only problem with the Diesel Engines are they last too long. I've never had a Mercedes Diesel last less than 350,000 Miles! I have owned 5 Mercedes Diesels.
'74 240D
'76 300D
'80 300D
'85 300D-T
'87 300D-T 6Cyl

I am told that they are going to bring in the 270CDI. The SUV Market world go nuts! A SUV that gets 35MPG.

Chuck

·
Registered
85 300GD LWB
501 Posts
Diesels return

I'm with you on that one MercedesMax!!! If they can't sell them then why are there so many older ones around? Hmmm, maybe because they last too long??? I think the public would suck them up pretty damn fast. I had a bugger of a time getting Vw TDI, hardly any available. I strongly suspect though that we are being lumped into the "North American" (read as [b}AMERICAN[/b] market) where the demand for diesel cars may not be so high and this further complicated by California regulations, Of course that is a whole arguement and discussion in itself.

I hope that one day people wake up and realises the many benefits of the diesel engine. Perhaps when we run out of dino fuel and start running on vegie oil....perhaps when our fuel starts costing as much as what it does in Europe, who knows. So long as the American public see diesel cars as dirty smelly things that you have to fill up at stinky redneck truck stops (being very general here so don't flame me!!), I don't think we will see much effort by the car manufactuers to push their diesel products here.

·
Registered
90 300 SE ,85 300 GD
1,574 Posts
Diesels are Great!

My first Mercedes-Benz Diesel was a 1961 190 Db, ponton. This car was noisey and stinky, but lots and lots of fun! Next,'81 300D, 83 240 D, 84 300 SD, 82 300 TD, 84 300 TD, 85 300 TD, and finally an 93 350 SD. All very good cars with the exception of the 350 SD that had a wiring harness meltdown. The wagons have always been my favorite cars. If we could get the new generation diesel in the ML's, they would fly out of the showrooms!

·
Registered
280SL Pagoda, BMW318
98 Posts
Re: They are scared of the diesels

That's very cool Chuck, I've always been a Mercedes driver since the age of 16, but only bought my first one when I moved to Canada from Australia about 2 years ago...needless to say I'm hooked.

I have a similar problem. My 1978 240D, which I bought with what cash I had left when I moved is still going strong - I want to upgrade it to a 300SDL but the wife says "what are you on aboot (with her Canadian accent), the car you've got is fine". Oh dear, how do we kill these things? (the car, not necessarily the missus!)
[:D]

...and Greg, I can't help but notice we're virtually neighbours? When are you going to bring that thing out to one of our MBCA BC Chapter club events so we can see it [;)]...check out <www.mercedesclub.org> for our local chapter stuff.

·
Registered
85 300GD LWB
501 Posts
Oh My what a big Diesel you have!!??!!

...and Greg, I can't help but notice we're virtually neighbours? When are you going to bring that thing out to one of our MBCA BC Chapter club events so we can see it [;)]...check out <www.mercedesclub.org> for our local chapter stuff.
LOL I assume you mean the Unimog? I was going to bring it out to one of the meets but I never knew when it was being held!! I would most likely bring the 300CD but the Unimog would certainly be more fun, not to mention watching the increase in pucker factor when I pull the beast up along some nice sleek 'n shinny garage queen![:D] The Unimog is waiting/needing some body restoration work, which will only happen when I sell my current project. If your ever in the neighbourhood with your 280SL I would sure like a closer look, I have been thinking about adding to the collection.[8)] and yes, my wife thinks..no she KNOWS I am insane!![:eek:)]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Redneck truckstops

Heh. I guess the advantage to owning a diesel, is you get to make friends with the truck drivers, they love the idea of a diesel cars, who knows maybe someday the government will realize diesel is a better fuel and take the heavy tax off it, make the truck drivers and people like us happier

·
Registered
TWO - 84 300DT
4 Posts
Once again rumors are swirling about an E Class Diesel. My dealer thinks not. Anyone have an idea?
Mercedes Canada dealer in Vancouver confirms a 3.0 (or maybe 3.2?) liter 'E' class Diesel for model year 2004. ABout C$70,000 is my guesstimate. [:p]

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz
2,245 Posts
hm,
whatever,
we have a 320CDI, but I must honestly say, I much more prefer the old me...

hm,
whatever,
we have a 320CDI, but I must honestly say, I much more prefer the old merc diesels.
The cdi's smoke to much, and besides, they are too modern, it's not so much fun to drive than our older 300TD.
but hey, I understand you guys, NO diesels isn't fun either...

matteus

·
Registered
'02 WRX Blue
41 Posts
I'm confused. I've seen '97 '98 and '99 E class diesels in the US. Those seem pretty...

I'm confused. I've seen '97 '98 and '99 E class diesels in the US. Those seem pretty modern.

I realize that it's now 3 model years without a diesel car, but I think it might be a good guess that they just last too long :)

Shane Kullman
'82 300D Silver

·
Registered
90 300 SE ,85 300 GD
1,574 Posts
New E Class Diesel

This model has now been put off until 2005. The dealers are taking orders, but many cancelled because of the delay.
[:0]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.